Unlimited access >

Experience with Redmond Daily Gold Stress Relief?

Looking for reviews of Redmond Daily Gold Stress relief, independent of their website. Anyone tried this ?

I am currently using it. I did a one bag trial on my retired gelding when he started refusing his grain, it brought his appetite back full force within a few days and he seemed happier. At the end of the bag, I weaned him off to see if he just needed a one-time course or if it needed to be a permanent fixture; he quit eating again within several days, so it is now a permanent part of his diet.

I have nothing but good things to say about it, except that I wish it was offered in Smartpaks. :lol:

I have used it and liked it. I didn’t see any medical benefits (but I didn’t see issues in the beginning…) but the horses ate it fine. I would use it again if I had a horse that might benefit.

I had a gelding that I just couldn’t get the last 100 lbs on no matter what I fed him. He was briefly boarded at my friends barn and she swore by the stuff, so I tried it. It is relatively cheap and he looked amazing while on it. I have an ulcer proned TB mare that has been on it after her 30 days on UlcerGuard and it has worked wonders for her as well. Hasn’t had a ulcer flareup since November and I have been fighting ulcers with her for ever. I am sold on it. Everytime I pull one of my babies out and start them in training they go on it.

Heinz 57 Smartpak now has it in Smartpaks! https://www.smartpakequine.com/ps/daily-gold-stress-relief-16536

Hallelujah! That must be a fairly new offering - when I looked last month(ish), they were still only offering the bag. Thank you for pointing that out!

Heinz 57 it is very new. I think it just started this month!!!

I’ve looked at the package and it just seems to be minerals/vitamins…what exactly is in it that “works”?? Especially if your horse already has a well balanced diet.

??? Would LOVE to find something that keeps my old guy from having anxiety attacks…

I’ve been using it since it’s easier to get around here than UGard. I sub it in with my mare’s night feed since it’s soaked and she won’t eat powder, and leave the UGard for morning feed. We’ve done this for about three months, and I don’t see a change from just the UGard. When I’ve taken her off UGard in the past we’d see a change for the worse in about a week…

Bentonite clay is naturally a higher alkaline pH, which helps counteract high acidity levels in the gut. It has other properties and benefits that may or may not be helpful for equines (like absorbing toxins), but my money is on the pH effects. It has been used (in humans) by many cultures for centuries to remove toxins from the body.

It’s pretty cheap in terms of shots in the dark, if you want to give it a try. If his episodes cause or are caused by stomach issues, it might help.