Unlimited access >

Fabriano anyone?

Does anyone have information about this stallion’s frozen semen quality? Any info. on foals~type, disposition?

If you mean the one by Wendulan, he is a great sire, IMO. He has produced successful horse in both dressage (D. MacDonald’s up and coming horse, Felix aka Fight Club) and jumping, as well as several approved stallions; Fabuleaux, Fisherman’s Friend, Fred Astaire. I think he is known to put a nice mind on his offspring.

I don’t know anything about the quality of his frozen semen though. I’ll be interested to here though. I have been considering him.

Ahh, Fabriano. :slight_smile: I love this guy! The nicest horse I have ever owned was by Fabriano. He was athletic, with the most fantastic canter and walk, and a brain that could NOT be beat!!! Mr Personality, for sure - I still miss him years later. One day I will breed a mare to him! I have heard that his frozen is great.

I have a filly by Fabuleux ( Fabriano son) and I adore her. She has been the most wonderful filly to work with since day one. I plan on trying Fabriano next year.

LOVE my Fabriano mare

I have a four year old mare by Fabriano. She has the best mind and personality. She has three terrific gaits as well.

I bought her in Germany and have been tempted to contact her breeder to see if he has any of her siblings. I have heard that Fabriano is known for throwing uncomplicated horses with great minds.

I had a mare we imported by Fabriano. She was adorable, and a great jumper. Good mind as well.

My broodmare is also in foal to Fabriano, due this month.

I am not exactly sure about the quality of his semen. I assume it is good, my mare took first try (had twins). We started over, and took first try again(luckily only one now).

I have known and ridden others by Fabriano. All have great minds and are quality horses.

I used one dose and the mare took. The resulatant foal is now coming 3, starting a little under saddle. He is very easy! which is true of many of the Fabrianos.

I have a Fabriano mare as well. She is so typey and pretty. 3 very good gaits and an amazing jump. Really nice mare. We are going to use her as a hunter broodmare actually. Only thing I can say about her is she is a bit small. Not sure if this is typical or not.

Good to know the frozen works! I really like Fabriano, and his sons. They seem like good, versatile horses.

I have always wanted to try Fisherman’s Friend, I have read good things about him, and he seems to be producing nice foals in his new home ‘Down under’.

I am a huge, huge, huge fan of this sireline. I’m sure there is a Fabriano decendent out there with a lousey temperament, but I have yet to meet one, nor have I heard of one.

A very, very prominent young horse trainer here in the US has said repeatedly, and I quote “If every Hanoverian mare in the US was bred to a Fabriano, we still wouldn’t have enough to satisfy the demand by amatuer owners who want a horse they can both compete, and just plain enjoy.”

We have Fabuleux here in the US and he gets quite a few mares, but there are very few Fred Astair’s on the ground, and I think we are missing the boat here in a very big way by not using him.

I just had my second one, and she blows my mind with her quality and movement. The filly is beginning to think her name is “Holy Sh$t!”

I don’t make statements like that, superlatives are not my thang. I expect another Fred baby at the end of May, and I am beside myself with anticipation. I’d use Fred Astair over Fabriano - there is some interesting refining blood in Fred’s damline, and Fred’s frozen is incredible, (I just wave the straws at my mares, and they are in foal) and cheaper than his da. Sharon Garner is the agent.

1 Like

[QUOTE=ahf;3123982]
A very, very prominent young horse trainer here in the US has said repeatedly, and I quote “If every Hanoverian mare in the US was bred to a Fabriano, we still wouldn’t have enough to satisfy the demand by amatuer owners who want a horse they can both compete, and just plain enjoy.”[/QUOTE]

I pretty sure the same trainer told me “Even if every WARMBLOOD mare in the U.S. was bred to Fabriano, we wouldn’t have enough…”

I have a two year old bred with one dose of frozen (and a rock star repro vet).

Of the 6 or 7 Fabriano offspring I have seen in the flesh, only one was significantly larger than 16 hands, a couple were in the 15.2-15.3 range. Mine is not going to deviate from this trend…

They come in all sizes. I’ve seen 17.2 ones and 15.1 ones by him. But all (really all) with this same excellent mindset and at least above average potential for both major olympic disciplines. The one I bred (out of an SPS Mangan-Wunsch II dam) was sold to the UK and her owner adores her. We were supposed to have another one in May but we sadly lost the mare when she was 6 months pregnant :frowning:
I have nothing but good things to say about this particular sire. And I’d say Linda is right he’s very fertile. I haven’t done frozen since fresh is readily available here but never had problems with his semen whatsoever.

Really love Fabriano.
I tried to get information about Fred Astaire. E-mailed the owner and requested information, stallion contract, pictures and a video. I did get a response a month later asking why I was interested and then heard nothing more. I would imagine that if the stallion isn’t used more it is because for anyone not close enough to see him in person there is little to no information available. It is unfortunate but there are many nice stallions in the US managed in a similar way. I just won’t take the risk on an SO who may or may not respond when it is time to ship the goods!

No, I don’t blame you for viewing that as a portent. I would too (and have, with another stallion).

Such a shame. :frowning:

I have a Fabriano gelding that I bred. Mare took on second try. I cannot say enough good things about this boy. I LOVE him! He is my personal riding horse and best buddy. He must not be the norm because he’s a solid 17h. Walldorf is the dam-sire however so that definitely has some influence. His mind is the best and he’s very talented. Last year he won the Region 1 AA Training Level championships and consistently scored 8’s on his gaits at every show. I rebred the mare to Fabuleux to get a little more refinement and got a super pretty filly that was named top filly at her inspection last year. I hope to rebreed the mare to this line again in the future. Good luck with your breeding this year! :slight_smile:

Mary Messinger
Kingston Farm
www.kingstonfarm.com

Shot in the dark here but does anyone have any Fabriano semen left they would be willing to part with?

VERY nice stallion. the only hunter stallion I prefer over him is cunningham.

I have a Fabriano son. Bought him at 15, he’s 18 now. 17.2 hands. The best mind ever. So kind, gorgeous movement. I’d love another younger version!