Unlimited access >

Falcon, Jeffries, Ideal, Frank Baines, i.e. English Saddles - Where to buy?

Came across the Jeffries “Falcon” brand http://www.ejeffries.co.uk/c/saddles_falcon and think it might be a really good candidate for my mare.

That led me to other boards which led me to other brands - namely the other Jeffries saddles, Ideal, and Frank Baines.

That being said, so far the only used Falcons I can find are in the UK. Which, with the current exchange rate, aren’t too pricey.

I’m trying to work with a saddler fitter here in the states but haven’t had much luck hearing back from her. Unfortunately in Ohio there aren’t any saddle fitters around (Saddles101 is though but it would be $$$ to have her out, based on pricing list) and I want to make sure I can work with someone who has creds or references and can re-flock. So I’m fine taking my own wither and back tracings, pictures, and videos. I’ve worked with Trumbull Mountain before with success so there’s that to fall back on.

I can’t find any Jeffries stockists in the states from the Jeffries website. I googled and searched and came up with nothing also. But I’ve read threads where people rave about their Jeffries, Ideal, Frank Baines, and Falcon saddles, so I know these sellers/fitters HAVE to exist!

Any leads would be great. I know of ebay and I’ve got notifications on for at least 15 different Facebook groups.

You can also check out Pelham Saddlery. they usually carry a few models of those brands both new and used. http://www.pelham-saddlery.com

It’s definitely a lot harder to find a stockist out here, so you may end up having to go the tracings/pic route, and then look to find a fitter to make adjustments as needed.

[QUOTE=MyRedMare;8514009]
I’m trying to work with a saddler fitter here in the states but haven’t had much luck hearing back from her. Unfortunately in Ohio there aren’t any saddle fitters around (Saddles101 is though but it would be $$$ to have her out, based on pricing list) and I want to make sure I can work with someone who has creds or references and can re-flock.[/QUOTE]

There is, indeed, a Frank Baines rep/fitter in Ohio. She even hangs out here on COTH sometimes. She also sells Black Country and some of the newer products from Harry Dabbs. I don’t know if she could help you order a Falcon; my guess is yes, probably, but you’d have to ask her. http://www.thesaddletree.com/index.html

Saddles101, aka Heather Soones-Booher, is also very good. I use her myself for reflocking, when I need it (rare these days since I don’t own a horse, thus I’m mostly riding in other peoples’ saddles). Heather does still come to Ohio, occasionally. Last time I checked, she was selling Albion and Bliss/Loxley.

I can’t find any Jeffries stockists in the states from the Jeffries website. I googled and searched and came up with nothing also. But I’ve read threads where people rave about their Jeffries, Ideal, Frank Baines, and Falcon saddles, so I know these sellers/fitters HAVE to exist!

Pelham Saddlery in New Hampshire is a major stockist for Jeffries in the US. I think Atlanta Saddlery and The Cheshire Horse sell a lot of Jeffries, too.

In general, the most efficient way to find a stockist is to contact the saddle company. Their web listings aren’t always up to date, so if in doubt, email them with your exact location + whether you’re looking only for local fitters or looking to work with someone through the mail.

find Pre-loved a UK site

Hastilow Competition Saddles sell Ideal and do a lot of long distance fitting. http://www.hastilowusa.com/

Hey! MyRedMare!!! Yoohoo! [Arms waving madly] Hello?!

An Ohio saddle fitter really DOES exist! :slight_smile:

I don’t currently carry Falcons, but as the parent company is the same as for Harry Dabbs saddles, I’m sure I can help you out. The trees for both brands are from the same shop, and I have Harry Dabbs saddles and bare trees that we can try on your horse and sit you in to see how they work.

And I can bring my Frank Baines collection, too. :cool:

Give me a call, or e-mail, or text, or facebook message or grab me at an upcoming event. Let’s talk!

Try ebay.uk. A significant number of sellers will ship to the US.

Thanks guys!

I’ve been keeping my eye on Pelham and have ebay searches for world-wide (so UK, Ireland, Germany, all included). Have Preloved as a go-to also.

Awesome! Contacting you shortly!

[QUOTE=no.stirrups;8514772]
Hey! MyRedMare!!! Yoohoo! [Arms waving madly] Hello?!

An Ohio saddle fitter really DOES exist! :slight_smile:

I don’t currently carry Falcons, but as the parent company is the same as for Harry Dabbs saddles, I’m sure I can help you out. The trees for both brands are from the same shop, and I have Harry Dabbs saddles and bare trees that we can try on your horse and sit you in to see how they work.

And I can bring my Frank Baines collection, too. :cool:

Give me a call, or e-mail, or text, or facebook message or grab me at an upcoming event. Let’s talk![/QUOTE]

Awesome! Contacting you shortly!

[QUOTE=jn4jenny;8514224]
There is, indeed, a Frank Baines rep/fitter in Ohio. She even hangs out here on COTH sometimes. She also sells Black Country and some of the newer products from Harry Dabbs. I don’t know if she could help you order a Falcon; my guess is yes, probably, but you’d have to ask her. http://www.thesaddletree.com/index.html

Saddles101, aka Heather Soones-Booher, is also very good. I use her myself for reflocking, when I need it (rare these days since I don’t own a horse, thus I’m mostly riding in other peoples’ saddles). Heather does still come to Ohio, occasionally. Last time I checked, she was selling Albion and Bliss/Loxley.

Pelham Saddlery in New Hampshire is a major stockist for Jeffries in the US. I think Atlanta Saddlery and The Cheshire Horse sell a lot of Jeffries, too.

In general, the most efficient way to find a stockist is to contact the saddle company. Their web listings aren’t always up to date, so if in doubt, email them with your exact location + whether you’re looking only for local fitters or looking to work with someone through the mail.[/QUOTE]

Hey Saddle Geek! Thanks for adding this info. I contacted Heather but haven’t heard back. Am contacting Amanda in a bit.