Unlimited access >

Fallis Genuine Balanced Ride Saddle

I was wondering if you wonderful people could help me out! I own an tack shop (english only) and have two fallis balanced ride saddles for sale on consignment. I wouldn’t normally accept western saddles but they are from a friend. I have no idea what these saddles are worth so I reached out to fallis saddlery but never heard back from them. I was wondering if I posted some pictures if people could give me an estimate of what to charge for them. Thanks!

1 Like

Contact Gary at St Ansgar Saddle and Wool Co. he specializes in Balance Ride Saddles and has several Fallis saddles on his web site.

www.stansgarsaddle.com/

Thanks csaper!

I’m not familiar with that brand, but a quick google search brought up a couple saddles on Ebay. They are at least worth comparing to what you have. The ones on Ebay were going for $2200 to $2700.

They were a very good saddle when they were made. Pretty much all custom ordered I think Offered the first new thinking about helping rider position to do performance reining that was really getting going back then. Monte Foreman developed them and helped get everyone be able to get correct leads consistantly. What a radical idea at the time!! Before that horse needed to be a good athlete to manage inept riders.

We had a Balanced Ride Saddle for time. It fitted my Mom, she loved it. It was too big of a seat for me, so when she quit riding I sold it for her.

2 Likes

I think their value will depend on the age of the saddles and whether they are “Original Fallis” saddles made by the
father or the more modern version made by the son. there is a big difference in price and value and construction…
The older versions made by the father (deceased) have become collector items and are highly sought after.

Maybe you can post photos or pm photos to me. I have a huge, thick file on the original Fallis saddles as I searched
for one when I was looking for the’ultimate’ western saddle for my big, broad, ASB. Unfortunately most of them were
made for much smaller horses.

Hi Marla 100- i am new to the forum and read your post about having information on old Slim fallis saddles - pre Monte Forman balanced ride - i have a 1952 Fallis Saddle #56 - stamped in the saddle Aug 1952 - i am very interested in speaking with you.
Chuckaroo 253-549-5903

This thread is 2 years old, so OP is probably not going to call you.

And now it is a month old, lol. @Marla 100 shows being active today, so if @Chuckaroo is still interested…

And… I just had John Fallis build me one. He did a great job. I have wanted one of these saddles for, like, 30 years. You can still get them. I have an Engineering Problem of an ArabianX to fit. I happened to be in Nampa, ID where John lives, so I got him and the horse together. He brought some trees, checked out her back and had a tree made for her. That was necessary for this horse, but also one of the reasons you’d pay for a good Western Saddle.

Now I’ll always have to buy Engineering Problem horses to ride because this saddle will be alive two generations from now.

1 Like

@mvp - I have 2 John Fallis saddles. The first one is “off the shelf” - so to speak - the second one I sent tracings and measurements.

Glad to know John is still around and doing this!

I have one of the original Fallis saddles that his Dad made. It fit my TB beautifully, but not my chunky appy or POA :frowning: I loved the way that it rides and sits.

2 Likes

I am interested in one of these saddles. Please let me know if they are still available. Thank you!

Yes, he’s still making them. https://www.fallisbalancedsaddles.com/

I was hoping for a used one!

Yes, the older saddlles made by
the father are the more desirable ones. I searched for several years but couldn’t find one to fit my big wide ASB.

I have one I could be persuaded to part with. PM me your specs, I’ll see if it might work.

2 Likes

I also have one that I could part with. Please let me know what you are looking for.

2 Likes

If you want the 3 point flat latigo system and the nice riding balance, and can live without the Fallis name, Bob’s Custom Saddles has a couple trainer models with this Monte Foreman originated feature, designed by trainers that had ridden with Monte Foreman. I ride a Doug Milholland model, for flat schooling my hunter horses. Ebay has a lot of nice used Bob;s Custom Saddles. Look for the 3 holes, not the D ring .