Unlimited access >

Fantasy Show Jumping Idea

Hi All,

I am trying to gauge the interest in a new Fantasy Sports platform for Show Jumping. If there were interest, the application could be used for dressage, hunters, eventers and polo. I know not every one will be a supporter of this idea. Please be respectful, but I want to hear all of your opinions here please: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NKYCC32

Best,
Nick

I think it would be a blast. I, myself, watch mostly the international competitions that you can see on worldofshowjumping.com. Would you consider including those?

It sounds almost like a calcutta class, which were very popular in my area up until the 90s/early 00s, just digitized. I like that idea a lot but I’m not sure how likely I am to actually participate on a regular basis. Could be fun on occasion though!

Yes!!

Yeesssss!!!

Interesting idea. I wouldn’t be opposed to trying it but I would have concerns as to how this would work, rules and if the classes would be easily available for people to watch.

Yes please!!!

Hi All,

Thank you for the support! I will obviously need to elucidate the idea for people who have never played the game. We would try and include all major professional events. The NFL covers their games in London from the US online in a fantasy format so I believe the precedent is there. We will see! Thanks for the support and PLEASE share that survey around (even on your facebook walls!!). The more support I can generate the more likely the project is to take off. Thanks again!

Best,
Nick

[QUOTE=GetEmDrake;8390955]
Hi All,

Thank you for the support! I will obviously need to elucidate the idea for people who have never played the game. We would try and include all major professional events. The NFL covers their games in London from the US online in a fantasy format so I believe the precedent is there. We will see! Thanks for the support and PLEASE share that survey around (even on your facebook walls!!). The more support I can generate the more likely the project is to take off. Thanks again!

Best,
Nick[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind that with Showjumping - unless you’re going to follow the Global Longines Champions Tour - there isn’t really a single “league”. And even within the GLCT there’s multiple regional leagues around the world leading up to the finals in Doha.

Also - you’d have to make sure that the classes are available to be streamed for free. Not all FEI classes are available free. Some you have to stream through the FEI pay site.