Unlimited access >

Farewell, Improbable

Paulick Report - Improbable euthanized

I foaled out the first foal by him. His 2 year olds are going to be exciting. How sad to lose him so soon.

5 Likes

Very sad. Brilliant racehorse, and his first foals are showing talent.

Loved his sire, City Zip, and grandsire Carson City.

Sorry to hear this. Can we all agree that breeding 329 mares last year is horrible?

He bred 329 mares over 2 years; two books.

2 Likes

My mistake. Still…

Curious as to whether the ataxia was due to issues in his neck. Godspeed beautiful boy 🥲😢

God speed, Improbable.

I lost my best horse to a similar situation. I tried to treat her, but she didn’t respond to anything so I euthanized her before she could fall and break a leg. Hers wasn’t her neck but something awry in her hind end. It says Improbable’s was in his hind end, too.

He had some get in the OBS March 2 year olds in training last week. Type his name in the sire box.

https://obssales.com/catalog/#/135/results

1 Like

I had to do the same with one of mine. Wasn’t going to wait until he went down and could not get up. In his case a necropsy found that it was gray horse melanoma that had metastasized to the spinal cord.

2 Likes

I found out that ataxia in the hind end can be the result of something in the neck when I was dealing with EPM, and a Wobbler Depending on where the pinch is, the area can be all over the place.