Unlimited access >

Farm Name

Huntwood Farm
Wood Acre Farm
16 Acre Wood

Best of luck to you!

Hunter’s Glen is also a well known barn up in Ontario. Maybe instead of incorporating “Hunter” into the name you could use “Buck” or “Trophy”. Those might connect you hobbies.
Other then that I like the idea of using a simple or classy word from another language.

We were able to use a play on names of people most involved in the farm and meaning De VareHarri Farm - the very hairy farm indeed with sport dogs, cats, horses, angora rabbits. I spent my big city working life covered in hair at work so the name amuses us and fits us. If we ( my clever husband) hadn’t come up with that we likely would have used a crow and a physical feature of the farm in some way. I like the hunters grove and meadow options for you. (the edge farm is lovely and inspiring too)

OP - you and I are leading parallel lives. Last year my husband and I bought our farm on 24 acres, with a house and barn that we are updating. We have 3 horses (well 2.5 - one is only 4 months :)) We chose the name “Lucky C Ranch” because my nickname since forever was “Lucky C” and my husband’s name also starts with a C, we both consider ourselves very lucky to have found each other and to have such a happy life, then we chose “Ranch” because we are in Texas and everyone here refers to our place as a “ranch” - so we just went with it (that was the hubs preference, but I got used to it). The name isn’t a classic H/J farm name, but it sounded playful and fun and was unique to us. It also sounded like we don’t take ourselves too seriously, and I liked that to come across too. The place is just for our own personal enjoyment, to start a small breeding program and share with a few retirement boarders. Here is a website I made - www.luckycranch.com (needs some work - doesn’t work well on mobile devices)

I am putting in an arena which has brought up the hardest decisions yet! Funny how I care so much less about the house remodeling but arena footing is a major decision! Good luck with your new place!!

I chose something that was meaningful to me, as opposed to describing the property. I considered “Chestnut Acres” (all my best horses are my red ones) and “Green Acre” (in law school hyoitheticals land is often called green acre or white acre or black acre) but settled on “Fox Chapel Farm.” I grew up in Fox Chapel (Pittsburgh). There actually is a Fox Chapel Farm IN Fox Chapel but my farmette is in NJ and I don’t think anyone will be confusing my personal farmette for a Pittsburgh boarding facility :wink:

Many years ago I went through the same process. I decided that whatever name I chose would not have “Farm” after it. Some big name farms at the time did not have “farm” as part of the name: Willow Tree, Nimrod, Sandron, Sutton Place. I liked those kind of names.

I also decided that I did not want the name to be specific to the location because if I moved, I would take the name with me – and “Winding Brook” sounds silly if you move to Arizona.

I finally decided on “Sterling Ridge” because that was the location of my family’s home and it was a pretty name. Since I named my farm I have owned land in 3 different states and, at times when I did not have a place of my own, the only place where “Sterling Ridge” existed was on the side of my horse trailer. But it was still my identity.

Especially if you register your farm name with the USEF, you will want a name you can take with you.

What type of trees does your place have, perhaps use this or

Timber Farms

Addison Woods
Wild Woods Acres