Unlimited access >

Farm Name

Hello all! This is my first post on here. My husband and I recently bought a little farm and we are having a heck of a time coming up with a nice little name for it. It is only a smaller farm of 16acres, mostly wooded. We have 3 horses currently. It will not be a boarding facility of any sorts. It will be a private farm that I can train and practice with my own horses and possibly get a few greenies to train and sell as well. I would really like to stay away from having “Stable” in the name since I feel like that will make it sound like a boarding facility. I do enjoy “acres” “farm” “meadows” and those types of names included. Some other details I have about my husband and I include: he is a hunter; I compete hunter/jumper. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask. Thank you in advance!!

A few directions to go in so that it’s not too generic:

Was there something about the farm that you totally loved that made you buy it? A charming yellow front door? (Yellow Door Farm) Blooming wildflowers along the driveway? (Wildflower Farm) Great dutch doors in the barn? (Dutch Door Farm)

Obviously this has its limits. No one wants to name their barn “Second Floor Laundry Room Meadows” :0)

Secondly, is there a particular feature of the farm that stands out? An old well? (Wishing Well Acres) A field overrun with clover? (Wild Clover Meadows) An old pasture fenced in original split rail fencing? (Split Rail Farm) A creek through the property? (Winding Creek Farm)

Think about what makes the place unique and special to YOU.

Hunter’s (because you’re both hunters of sorts)
Grove (there’s trees. A grove of trees)
Farm (because reasons.)

Actually it was the land that really sold us, the house we are currently renovating because it is an old farmhouse. There isn’t many flowers yet, the old barn on the property is too small actually for my horses so it will be a building for bedding and hay. There is a creek through the property which runs through a pond. No fencing currently.

I REALLY like that! I am not creative at all and would have never thought of that! I will definitely run that by my husband. Thank you!!

[QUOTE=Lkn90;7853269]
Actually it was the land that really sold us, the house we are currently renovating because it is an old farmhouse. There isn’t many flowers yet, the old barn on the property is too small actually for my horses so it will be a building for bedding and hay. There is a creek through the property which runs through a pond. No fencing currently.[/QUOTE]

I was just giving examples - don’t worry if your place doesn’t have those things.

The question is, what DOES it have? The creek and pond are good starts. What else stands out about the property?

Hunter’s Grove Farm is lovely.

It’s very rural and peaceful. Lots of wild life; birds, deer, other little critters.

Sleeping Deer Farm

Resting Fox Farm

Wooded Acres Farm.

What about Spring Meadow Farm or Autumn Meadow Farm? When I was younger, I always wanted to have a large training/boarding stable and call it Spring Meadow (:

Does the creek or the pond have a name?

You could even leave “farm” off and just use “Hunter’s Grove.”

IDK

I also like names from other languages that have meaning, for example “Illahee” means the home place in the native American Chinook (my kids have African middle names Tau = Lion and Aren = eagle). It sounds peaceful, maybe a word from another language that means that? Any cultures that are special to you?

Example “Amani” means peaceful in Swahili.

[QUOTE=Katie81;7853310]
Wooded Acres Farm.[/QUOTE]

Or leave farm off this one.

Hunter’s Grove and Wooded Acres are beautiful by itself.

I’m already starting to think of pretty banners and barn colors. :lol:

I know someone who recently named their business of a fisherman’s knot. It’s catchy and “classy sounding”. I don’t know if there was magical thought behind it, but it sounds pretty cool.

[QUOTE=ybiaw;7853359]
You could even leave “farm” off and just use “Hunter’s Grove.”

IDK[/QUOTE]

That sounds familiar, I think there is one already, not that it matters. Its a pretty name for a farm.

Do you have a heart horse? I incorporated my once-in-a-life time horse (Show name On the Edge) and a feature on the property (Brook) and got EdgeBrook. I like the thought of farms without defining names. Sounds more retreat-y

Hunter’s Grove seems familiar, and hunter’s in names are common. What about something like Old Creek Farm. You have a creek, and there was an old farmhouse. tadah.
You definitely must have colors though. Unique ones. Maybe hunter green and light blue?

[QUOTE=BAC;7853592]
That sounds familiar, I think there is one already, not that it matters. Its a pretty name for a farm.[/QUOTE]

You’re right! http://www.huntersgrove.com/

But since the OP is just looking for a name for her personal farm, not a name for a business, I think it would be fine. Especially if they’re not in the NY area. :slight_smile:

Hunter’s Glen? That’s already an existing farm in PA, but whatev.

Glencreek? Grovecreek? Shady Grove? Shady Creek? Shady Acres? Glen Acres? Hunt Creek? Creekwood?

(the word creek has lost all meaning to me now)

Deer Meadow Farm
Peaceable Acres
Meadowood