Unlimited access >

Fave place to buy eventing gear?

For everything from rider’s clothes to open-front boots, what are your favorite places for y’all to buy things?

Honestly, Facebook :joy: if you know what size/brand you need there is a good chance someone is selling it and you’ll save at least a few $$.

Otherwise, at least when it comes to apparel I’m a SmartPak fan for their sized items return policy. And Farmhouse Tack cause they are only a few hours from me so my orders arrive quickly :slight_smile:

2 Likes

ridingwarehouse.com for speed (they’re near me) or smartpack.com - both have great returns policies.

1 Like

Nunn Finer! John Nunn is an eventer and it shows! https://www.nunnfiner.com/

John used to own Bit of Britain but he sold it and my experience was very different after the sale.

Also a fan of Strafford Saddlery in VT (which has a big enough parking lot to pull in w our oversized 4 horse head to head for retail therapy on the way to VT events). Very knowledgeable staff many of whom know our sport. They also do business online. https://www.straffordsaddlery.com/

3 Likes

Nothing beats a good local tack shop if you have one. I used to have one near me that had really cute clothes, beautiful saddle pads I’ve never seen from SmartPak or Dover, and a great consignment section where you can tack to try for cheap. I’ve saved a lot of money by moving further away from that place…lol

I get a lot of stuff here.

Whatever you do, avoid Bit of Britain. To echo @Joan_from_Flatlands, it’s not the same company that it used to be when John Nunn owned it.

3 Likes

Riding warehouse ( lots of stuff)

Corro ( new find and a fan)

Smartpak ( been disappointed in shipping times, last big order took 3 weeks to get and items were in stock)

Stateline Tack

Schneiders

For Nunn finer leather goods I go straight to the source, Bartville Harness

1 Like

This place is interesting, I do not see where they have safety vests other than air vests. Air vests get their own line under rider apparel, but no standard style vests? I even searched for vests and only the air vests came up.

Strange for a place that sells eventing stuff.

So I’m not the only one! I just placed a rather large SmartPak order full of everything from supplements to hoof treatments to boots. Everything was in stock, but now they’re saying it’ll be an additional week until the last item arrives.

Might be turning to Corro!

Has anyone ordered from the new owners of BOB? Experience?

I adore Riding Warehouse. I find their shipping times are faster and they include a return label in the box, which is super handy.
Also, wonderful customer service. Their range is a little more limited than SmartPak, but I always start with RW.

5 Likes

I have an entire folder for horse retail therapy. Here are the ones I use the most.

3 Likes

Terrible.

Am I allowed to share my coupon codes? As a blogger, I’ve now worked with lots of tack stores and try to find new(er) brands that may be under the radar. (So, admittedly there is a kickback when I send people to them)
Corro Shop sent me 10% off cumbee10, they can just about price-match or hit below the regular market price for most supplement, horse-apparel, and blankets.
Lumiere is a british tack supplier, after purchasing a breastplate on my own, just received a large bundle of bridles and girths. If you’re looking for under $200, their bridles are (to me) the best at this price point and do run true to size.(And the only stud girth I’ve found that’s under $200) They sent me a 15% off coupon code: CLAIRE+LUMIERE
I represent HorsePilot which makes really high-end riding clothing, the price-point is higher. But, I know they’re releasing their Spring 2022 line in March so there should be a large influx of previous season’s clothes on sale on their site end of February/early March. (If inbetween sizes, I’d size up 1 in breeches.)
I just started working with Shires Equestrian . I reached out personally after using their Arma boots. They have two different sets of open fronts (the velcro then high-end snap closure) both are under $100/pair. They also do a line of blankets which I think is priced really fairly.
I’ve also worked with equestrian clothing brands like EquestrianClubShop, HannahChild’sLifestyle , FreeRide Equestrian. I know I’m forgetting some, but for tack and apparel the above are my favorites.
**Almost forgot DappleBay, she does some really cute equestrian-themed products. I gifted her planners to my friends for Christmas, but she also does some cute tops and sweatshirts. ( CC10 for 10% off)

2 Likes