Unlimited access >

Favorite 2h BP trailer brands? Texas

What quality, 2h bumper pull trailer brands do you love? I’m near Dallas, TX.

Need to upgrade from a very basic, noisy, bumpy riding 2H slant CM Dakota to a higher end 2H BP trailer. Straight or slant, just wanting an open & airy interior for my nervous hauler. No rear tack if that means a narrow loading alley.

Typical hauls are 15 minutes to 1.5 hours. Tow vehicle is 2021 F-250.

I’m not sure if there are dealers in Texas but I really liked a friend’s Gore 2-horse straight load bumper pull. They have lots of options: http://www.goretrailers.com/

1 Like

Got a Hawk a couple of years ago, one of the best purchases of my lifetime. Hawk is not a common brand in Texas. Only one dealer I know of, Erica McCrary in Denton 940-205-0716. She sold me her demo model at the time. By phone. We arranged for delivery I never had to actually go to the dealership.

Basically a Hawk is an Equispirit without the Equispirit label or price (although a Hawk isn’t cheap). Comes off the same manufacturing line, has most of the same features.

This Hawk is sturdy, well-balanced, superbly made. One of the best things is the double-siding, meaning the safety and interior temperature are both much better than trailers that aren’t. Many other features as well, both standard an optional.

Erica was wonderful to work with. She suggested the demo and got it cleaned up like new for me. She made all arrangements. She made it easy and I got a fantastic trailer. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I also have a Hawk. 2H straight load with side unload ramp, warmblood size, windows all around. Very open and inviting, and I think the forward unload off the ramp is reassuring for my horses—they know how they’re getting off and don’t have to worry about backing off the trailer.

It’s very well-built, steel frame with insulated aluminum skin, and a very steady tow.

greys

2 Likes

Merhow, Platinum (built in TX I think), Featherlite, Hart, 4Star --in my order of preference.

1 Like

Another possibility to consider is a rear-facing trailer. My overly exuberant hauler was very happy when he had the opportunity to turn around in a box stall and ride facing the rear.

I believe Balanced Ride trailers are reconfigured Hawks.

greys

1 Like

I LOVE my 2001 Trail-Et but would fall over SILLY if I could get a new Hawk. Just sayin.

3 Likes

I’ve got a 2017 Hawk that I customized. I’ve got the adjustable chest and butt bars(I had a 17.1 hand horse and a pony at the time), fans, and drop down windows on the doors. I’ve got a shelf in the dressing room as well as a fan and a battery to run the fans and lights.

LetItBe

3 Likes

I had a wonderful Equispirit, and upgraded to a larger Turnbow.
Equispirit and Hawks are both dry well made,but keep your eyes open for a Turnbow. They are all custom made, so used ones are rare…but totally worth grabbing one if you find it!

1 Like