Unlimited access >

Favorite breeches or tights for endurance riding?

Ok, I want to hear what are your favorite brand. I have a 85 mile weekend coming up at the end of august and want to be in the perfect pants.
I have a pair of Saddle Bums but they seem to hot for this time of year. Love my kerrits but they are THIN. I will probably end up wearing my Kerrits but was looking yesterday and different pants, Irideon Issentials and Ovations Tribal. (love the horses on the back of the tribal pants.

Love, love, love my Irideon Issentials- I think I have 3 or 4 pairs of them.

I really looked closely at the Irideon Issentials, they look really nice. But when you can’t see them, or feel them…do they fit pretty true to size? Can you ride long distance in them without a problem?

irideon are best.

[QUOTE=jlrcoats;5007865]
I really looked closely at the Irideon Issentials, they look really nice. But when you can’t see them, or feel them…do they fit pretty true to size? Can you ride long distance in them without a problem?[/QUOTE]

Yes on the size and on the ride for hours- I generally ride a minimum of four hours at a shot with at least a fair bit of the time at a trot- They are very comfortable and really last-
My favorite part about them is that they dry very quickly and are really breathable- Which is great when you live in a place where you have to cross water every time you turn the corner and where having a day of less than 80% humidity feels like you’ve gone and moved to the dessert.:lol:

FITS are about the only thing I can stand anymore! I’ve ridden through just about every kind of breech-snagging stuff you could think of and they just wear like iron! The sticky-butt also helps with goofy ponies at the end of long rides where you might be getting fatigued! My mare about spooked me off at the end of an 80 a couple weeks ago but luckily I was wearing my FITS lol!

I have ridden 1000s of miles in my Kerrits microcord. I LOVE them.

I used to work at a tack store. Unless something has changed Irideons tend to run a size smaller than Kerrits.

The latest and greatest I love are my Fuzzy Logic Equine boot cut.

They do not ride up, they breathe, feel wondrous, look good on my chubby little legs, and have cargo pockets on each leg for phones, etc.

www.fuzzylogicequine.com

Hands down:

Tropical Rider, Enduracools, deerskin knee patch. Oh yeah baby.

Hunter green, brown, and navy are nice colors. I sweat like crazy here in da south. These work the best. They wick and dry FAST. Never have they shown my sweaty undies. :slight_smile: Also my undies dry very fast.

These are smooth, and soft, not shiny, easy on, and more importantly easy off. Just peel like you are a banana. Oh, sorry, I am sure it doesn’t get THAT hot where you are.

In Bama, oh gee it is 98 now. Lovely. Also humidity is about 65% now too.

Fall, where is FALL?

I agree that Irideons run small and tight. If you are built with slimmer legs you may love them but I bought them in a medium and medium in every other brand I’ve ever bought has always fit me but the Irideons felt like horribly tight support hose and the elastic around the ankles was too tight.

The Tropical Riders EnduraCools have a more realistic fit for the typical female rider. They will also make your tights to your exact requirements at no extra charge.

One thing I don not like in tights and breeches is design where the side seam comes around and across the front of the knee. Stiched seams have less give and stretch then the fabric does and having the seam across the knee causes a pressure area for me. Irideons and Boinks have that seam and have been scratched off my list of comfortable tights.

Bonnie S.

Has anybody tried saddle bums?

Yeah I have a pair of saddlebums and so does the husband. I find them a little hot, heavy and tight. My husband on the other hand loves them. He has the kind you wear under jeans (would not be caught in a pair of riding pants.) he won’t ride without them.

I ended up ordering a pair of Aanstadt Das, have a couple of friends that HIGHLY recomm’d them, so i am trying them, decent priced so we will see. :slight_smile:

I second the Fuzzy Logic Equine pants. I love mine. I only have winter weight ones. Here in Colorado I find the winter weights with a pair of thermals underneath are perfect. Of course, riding a big fat drafty beast bareback because you are to lazy to put a saddle on helps as well!

I’ve got a few pairs of Saddlebums Trekker (including a guy model stolen from my husband) and one pair of the Saddlebums Ultimate Knee patch. The Trekkers are my favorite for hot weather. The Ultimate KP model are made from a slightly heavier fabric, so I don’t like them as much in hot weather.