Unlimited access >

Favorite Ear Plugs

What are your favorite ear plugs to use for schooling or showing?

Pomms. Definitely.

1 Like

Definitely Pomms! My guy is very sensitive about his ears and doesn’t mind them at all and they have made such a difference with some of his noise sensitivity!

1 Like

Yeah - my horse is sensitive too. I tried EquiFit ear plugs with her and she HATED it when I put them in or took them out. Pomms are much more comfortable for her.

Faux Pomms.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09K369F17/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

5 Likes

At home I use cat toy, the foam ones that look like soccer balls, same size and consistency. At shows, pomms

2 Likes

I go old-school with fuzzy pom-poms from the craft store for at home (in an array of bright colors bc they’re more fun and I’m less likely to accidentally leave neon earplugs in overnight), and Pomms at shows.

1 Like

I just bought some of these to try on my possible lease horse for the summer. Her owner has a couple pair of Pomms, but the black doesn’t always catch my eye in the arena sand when she shakes them out. I wish I would have gotten cat toys now that I see the price difference, but I’ll go that route for schooling if I end up leasing this horse.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CCKTL18N?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

POMMS makes some in pink :slight_smile:

Plughz

I use these as my everyday ear plugs and save the pricier black ones for showing

Pomms, but I go through them very quickly and prefer to buy them in bulk and would suggest the same to others if you expect to be a regular user. Usually there’s a decent discount.

Overall, my horse is very tolerant of ear plugs. But he’s super sensitive if there’s dirt/crud on them. Irritates his ears, and then I end up with a horse shaking his head constantly and weirdly pinning his ears. So for that reason, when pomms start to get dirty and don’t clean readily, we immediately open a new pack.

This.
Bright colors are easier to find when shaken out too.

Black for shows.

1 Like