Unlimited access >

Favorite Horse Trailer Brands

I have the Show Treka L, and with importation, tax and about $2k of optional extras it was $16k all in I think.

About the same I paid for my Brenderup Barn TC 10 years ago, which I sold last year for $10k. They hold their value pretty well! We shall see how the EquiTrek does, but thus far I absolutely love it.

4 Star

Dang, Port Hueneme’s practically right down the road from me.

I love my Brenderup, but I’ve definitely eyed the Equi-Treks.

Thoughts on Shadow?

I have a Trail-Et bumber pull but want to upgrade to a GN this year. I’ve seen a Shadow that’s piqued my interest, but know nothing about them.

I’m on Featherlite Number Three. I guess that says it all!!! :slight_smile:

G.

4star, Gore, and Featherlite are my fav’s. I used to live in the same town where Gore trailers are made. They are very well made and a solid owner of the company. He is soooo nice and easy to deal with.

Hawks are popular in my neck of the woods. I love mine. It is a bit heavy though.

Odd ball here, I have a Trailers USA BP. SL with ramp and tack room. Aluminum over steel. I bought it used and it serves me well. They are made here in Ocala.

I purchased a 2017 brand new Trails West Adventure 2 horse gooseneck. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS BRAND!
Within a few month one of boards cracked in floor. They did agree to fix, but now we are out of warranty and another 3 have cracked. Also upon doing the bearings for the first time (after the warranty expired) we were told both back tires never had washers put on when it was manufactured. This they say was from the axle company Henderson, no matter because Trails West contracted them.

according to their web site

Five Year Limited Structure/Floor Warranty

which appears to have covered the axles and the flooring as both are listed under the heading [h=3]STRUCTURAL[/h]
https://trailswesttrailers.com/trailers/horse/adventure/

Just wondering just what their explanation was and did you get that explanation in writing? To me unless this “Limited Warranty” is very limited both of your concerns should have been covered by the manufacture’s warranty until sometime in 2022 or thereabouts

We did not have a Hawk but did have a steel over steel frame trailer that was hit in the side by a driver who ran a stop sign. The car that hit the trailer (with horse on board) was pretty much destroyed …the trailer had a very, very small scratch … horse just looked down at the mess as he could see it all

So I actually prefer heavy over light … the hauling vehicle (F350 diesel) really did not care light verses heavy as its fuel usage was the same either way

I have a custom built aluminum on steel trailer. It has spent every day of its 20+ year life out in the rain in the PNW and still looks mint. It has been properly maintained by Trailer Guy through the years.