Unlimited access >

Favorite LL Clinician?

Would love to ride with him sometime, and ask him all about Sassy Reason. Wonder if he comes to Canada :thinking:

I’m sure he’d love to come! Just email me at margaret@mythiclanding.com and I can put you in touch with his clinic scheduler.

Thank you! We aren’t open yet for Americans…but I think its coming soon. I will definitely be in touch when we are open!

Ashley Adams is awesome!

Will you please post your Clinic info when you decide? Thanks!

2 Likes

I am biased, because I ride with her weekly, but I cannot say enough for Daryl Kinney’s style of coaching, and I truly believe it lends well to the clinic style of teaching.

She is endlessly positive, but also corrects and can focus your ride. I ride with her for flat/sj/xc and I cannot emphasis more about how she has brought along my horses, and my husband and I (and I had some major anxiety when we started and my mare was pretty wild)

I also ride with Will Faudree for cross country prep sometimes (his cross country course cannot be beat) and he is full of incredible technical insights, will push you, but also give you some incredible nuggets. Very different coaching style then Daryl, but super.

I have ridden a couple times with Sara Gumbiner, and she is also fantastic. She loves teaching lower levels, is super positive, but really gets into the technical aspects which is always beneficial. I always feel like a better rider when I am done with her.

Tik Maynard was really cool, and really worked on your understanding of the relationship with your horse.

Dom Schramm was awesome. I did a BN clinic with him on my mare (was supposed to use my husbands more experienced horse, but he came up lame). She had never really gone cross country schooling above a bit of maiden. He was absolutely fantastic.

2 Likes

Another vote for Eric Dierks. He is terrific. Really focused on teaching concepts, feel, and addressing performance anxiety that can not only impact showing, but lessoning as well.

1 Like

Just got home from watching Nicholas Fyffe teach two days of dressage at Schramm Equestrian. Absolutely the best clinician I have seen in a long time. Kind, positive, encouraging but firm, great ideas, great exercises, great explanations. He taught everything from 5* riders and horses to novice riders and mounts. Came home motivated and inspired (and I’m a combined driver).

1 Like

Nicholas Fyffe is an incredible instructor and a fantastic trainer.

One of my favorites for New England locals is Deb Dean Smith. Love her coaching.

As many others have already mentioned, Daryl Kinney and Eric Dierks are wonderful clinicians. I got a lot out of clinics with both. I was BN last year and moving up to N this year. Eric gave me more concrete tools (as in specific exercises) and philosophical take-aways. I would say he is the more technical/intellectual option. He truly teaches dressage between the jumps and is an absolute master with green horses. He is very sympathetic to the horse and teaches a very light, forward, horse-friendly ride. He tends to let you do the ride, then gives you feedback afterward. He speaks a bit like a professor of riding.

Daryl is great for your confidence and psychology and is just a very good trainer of horse and rider. I have ridden my absolute best and jumped the biggest cross country fences of my life (with glee, not fear!) while riding with Daryl. Her confidence and joy are infectious and she teaches in a clear, approachable style. If Eric is the impressive professor, Daryl is a bit more like your favorite teacher that made learning fun. She is no less knowledgeable, but she wears fun socks and makes you laugh, you know? She also teaches as you ride, so you hear her feedback in the moment and then again afterward.

I would pay handsomely to ride with either Eric or Daryl again. You can’t go wrong with either choice, though I can see certain riders having a strong preference for feeling over philosophy, timing of feedback, etc.

3 Likes

I love Sally Cousins. Very upbeat and encouraging. I have done a few clinics with her on 2 different horses. My dressage trainer took another of my horses to a jump clinic with her. She sets up such neat exercises.