Unlimited access >

Favorite schooling breeches?

I know we have had a million breeches threads and I am even guilty of posting some. But the ones I’m seeing are all older threads…so…what is your favorite brand for schooling breeches and why? :slight_smile: There’s so many choices and I’m completely overwhelmed. Bonus points for mid-rise and euro-seat!

I’m currently liking the HR Farm breeches. They’re inexpensive, super comfortable in my opinion, and not too thick. They’re a mid-rise (which I love), have decent pockets, and come in colors. The only thing I don’t like is the silicon full seat doesn’t last very long and wears off pretty quickly.

My eventer is a squirrely bugger. I love Kerrits Gritek full seat, because , well, the name says it all!

I love the horse ware tights. Live in them in the summer. Also love the Horze high waisted models. If you don’t mind spending, the pikeur lucindas are also lovely.

I was a big ROMFH fan, but the silicone is poop and doesn’t last a year, at least for me, and for the price, it better last a year.

I have come across Horze breeches, holy sticky!! Love them, and at half the price of ROMFH, I’ll take them. Really enjoy the fit of them, stretchy, for my fatter days, and grippy for my bad riding days. Really like their fit. I have a booty and hips, so finding pants that don’t cause muffin tops is a little harder. Horze has high waisted which is perfect for my body type.

If you want to look put together, the Dover Dalton breeches are my favorite. Dover put them on BOGO a couple of times last year. The fabric is stretchy and durable, Euro seat, high-ish mid-rise, functional front pockets, grippy silicone that is holding up well (machine wash and hang dry). As far as riding tights I wear nothing but the Kerrits Ice Fil when it is super hot.

2 Likes

I recently came to the realization that there’s no reason why I can’t wear plain ol’ $15.99 TJ maxx workout leggings with tall boots or half chaps and they work exactly the same as knee patch riding tights :joy: are the knee patches supposed to do anything except be there for looks anyway??

I wouldn’t do this for a lesson or anytime I wanna look put together, and I am someone who’s not the biggest fan of a grippy butt, and I also am cheap and hate buying clothes online LOL. This is my new riding wardrobe #secret!!!

1 Like

Bare equestrian are amazing! Especially for summer months

Which style of the Horze do you like the most?

I only own about 3 styles, I have the Grand Prix winters, which were the best purchase for the winter months.

I just bought the Horze Desiree recently and loooove them. The fabric is light, but yet still good enough to hide blemishes. I have a big booty judy here, so anything to work with my tush is good. The waist is rather high, the band is a bit thick, took some time to get used to, but now I loooove them. So comfortable. Silicone is about a medium stick.

I also own a pair of the Horze Lucia, which are a lower waist, I personally don’t like the waist, too low for me, it’s about a mid rise. The material is super comfy, a little thicker than the desiree. The silicone is sticky.

I had a pair of the Daniela’s, hated them, they are a cottony fabric with a lot of stretch, but they didn’t sit/fit right with my thicker lower half. Girl at the barn is much thinner in that region and they fit her lovely, she loves them.

I am 5’4 150lbs, generally a size 28 in all my pants but I do go down a size in Horze.