Unlimited access >

Favorite schooling tall boots

I’ve been wearing tuffriders for a few years… they don’t last, but at the $150 price point I didn’t mind replacing them. I feel like the y “collapse” in the foot area extremely fast though. Just wondering what other people’s favorite schooling boots are under $300. I abuse my schooling boots so not interested in spending more than that. Thanks!

I was just going to post this exact same question! I bought a pair of the Smartpak Eliza Tall Field Boots after my Ariats of 3+ years just totally died on me. I have had them now for about a year and they are pretty well worn but still work. The buttons have fallen off the tops, there is a large rip in the elastic behind the calf from a fall I had and the shoelace on one just came undone last week. They are $152 and they lasted I guess a reasonable amount of time but I am also wondering if there is something a little better quality around the same price point for schooling boots.

One thing I dont like about them is that they only come in regular height and for me I need tall but they worked alright and arent too short for schooling (See picture)

Just ordered these https://www.doversaddlery.com/moretta-aida-lthr-tall-boot/p/X1-381381/ from Dover. Will report back.

1 Like

oh those look nice!! I cant wait for your report.

Update: boots arrived. Quite pleased for the price point! Super comfortable right out of the box, don’t think they will really have any break in time which is great. I like how the outside is the soft leather that has no break in but the inside of the calves are a slightly tougher leather. The foot of the boot seems to be made with the tougher leather as well, feels like they will hold up better than the tuff riders.

2 Likes

1 Like

They sure look nice! What does the footbed feel like?

wow those look super nice! Ill be curious to see how your first few rides go in them!

Curious how they compare to ariats if you know. I have a medium calf but the ankles of a bird and I have so much extra leather in my old ariats. These look a little more fitted through the ankle than mine

Yes, seem to be more refined through the ankle. I wore the ariat heritage contours years ago

1 Like

Pretty nice! Definitely a more substantial footbed than the tuffriders.

1 Like

Mountain Horse Sovereign

Those are my dream boots especially the brown with the black. The price has gone up and are well over $300 for them now.

I have a pair of the Moretta field boots and they’re a great option for the price. I’ve had them since May/June? I will say they have dropped more than I anticipated and I wish I had a tall(er) option. I’m 5’3” and definitely don’t have long legs. Still, they’re very comfortable and I’d buy again if they’re around when I need another pair.

I’m coming off an older model pair of Ariats (no elastic) that I bought used at a Dover tent sale 7 years ago. While these aren’t that quality, they’re surprisingly nice for $150. The footbed it very comfortable.