Unlimited access >

Favorite Stirrup Leathers?

I may or may not be considering selling my current LeMieux stirrup leathers and purchasing a pair I like better. I’d like to hear your favorite leathers for jumping. Thanks in advance!

I LOVE my Prestige stirrup leathers. Lined and super soft.

1 Like

Second vote here for the Prestige leathers. I can’t even feel the buckle under my leg and they’re so soft right out of the package

1 Like

I have a pair of Amerigo stirrup leathers that came with my saddle. They are really soft and nice. I’m drawn to any of the softer leathers. I have been interested in trying the wider stirrup leathers to see what I think of them as well.

1 Like

Passier, nylon lined.

https://www.passier.com/en/Stirrup-Leathers~p166163

1 Like

Another vote for the prestige leathers. They are the most comfortable, they last forever, and they are worth every penny. Disadvantage of any calf covered leather is if you use cheese grater stirrups or anything with a rough foot tread is that when you loop the leather through, they will tear up the calf. I just run my stirrups up and dont loop through if that makes sense and it mitigates the issue.

I tried the dover and the bates flat buckle ones in the past, never again. I’ll pay the extra for the prestige.

I know they are bulky, but once you soften up the Nunn Finer/Bartville half hole double stitched ones, they will last forever. They are a touch bulky, but if you want something that is not going to stretch and will wear like iron, these ones are it. Once you get them softened, they are really comfortable. That being said, I will not use them on my calf skin saddles. I use them on my Passier dressage saddle and my old Butet jump saddle. They are not harmed by my rougher foot treads on the stirrups.

1 Like

I love my Nunn Finer “nylon center 1 inch lined leathers”. They are WAY more durable than anything calfskin, like, ‘going on 5 years and still looking damn near new’ durable. They are a touch stiff at first but with a touch of oil and elbow grease they soften up wonderfully. They don’t feel super thick under my leg either.

If you like a slightly narrower leather, they make them in a 3/4” width as well!

If you want something that’s even softer on your saddle, check out their padded leathers. No they aren’t any thicker than the others. They have more of a calfskin feel, if that’s your thing, but are still WAY more durable than traditional calfskin leathers (like the Butet leathers).

1 Like