Unlimited access >

Favorite Whole Bale Hay Net

I bought a cheap whole bale hay net from Chicks back in April and got what I paid for. My piggies have chewed huge holes and the amount of wasted hay is getting painful.

So, what is your favorite whole bale hay net? I need a net that accommodates three-string (100+ lb) bales. The smaller the holes, the better.

TIA!

Nothing but www.haychix.com - Made in the USA, Tough and good choices of hole size. I’ve been a user of their square bale and round bale nets for years.

2 Likes

Definitely HayChix for that application.

(I also like the heavy canvas NibbleNets, but their 2-string bale bag is a beast, I don’t think they would be a good choice for the bigger bale, if they even make one that fits.)

I third the haychix recommendation. Have been very happy with them.

Haychix. Regarding the Nibble Net - I actually tried their whole bale net and it was painful to deal with. It’s heavy and you have a million snaps to use. The Haychix net is quick and easy.

Take a look at Hay Burners too. No knots and they are soft but durable. I’m only feeding in haynets and they’ve held up for coming on a year. Not one negative issue. I ordered three brands or so and they are my favorite.