Unlimited access >

Favorite Work Boots

I have come to the conclusion that my paddock boots are not the best boots for my job. My poor feet get wet and stay wet all day and by the end of the day my feet are quite sore. Do you all have recommendations for work boots that are reasonably water resistant, breathable, hopefully has toe protection and ment for lots of walking? Double bonus if I can toss a pair of half chaps over them to ride.

Note: I do have a set of muck boots for very wet days but they don’t breath enough for daily use.

1 Like

Any of the Ariat all terrain series. I have the pull on ones, this is their fifth year and I’m thinking of finally replacing them. Still comfy and clean up well and would be waterproof except that a friend’s puppy got at it and chewed a hole in the toe.

Blundstones. Most boots will need to be re-waterproofed every so often. Nikwax is quite good.

I love my Dublin River Boots. They’re super comfy - I can work in them all day and have very happy feet at the end of the day. Plus, I can muck in them, hose off the crud, and then climb in the saddle.