Unlimited access >

Feedback needed on Galloway Township NJ area

What can you tell me about good apartments and any barns in the area?

There are nice apartments in Smithville and Blue Heron Pines (Galloway).

There aren’t many larger boarding farms in the immediate area…lots more “backyard” boarding in the immediate Galloway area. I have one of the larger barns and one of the few indoors, but we stopped boarding - it wasn’t worth the hassle for what we can charge in the area (plus finding reliable help was a nightmare). When we started to increase prices to match the actual costs people told us we were being too elitist! There is supposed to a new farm opening down the street from us…they are advertising as “real Texans” that will be bringing in a true Western experience. It’s kind of a get what you pay for area…so it really depends on what level of care/facility you are looking for and what type of riding discipline.

If you go a bit more towards Shamong, there are some nice boarding barns with indoors. There is a South Jersey Equine Facebook group…there are usually posts on there about available boarding.

1 Like

Not all of Texas is West in nature, the the Real West does not begin until you are west of Fort Worth, so not all of Texas is West …the dividing line basically runs north/south through the center of DFW Airport…east of the line is the end of the East coast, West is the beginning of the west of the line.

Hence my use of quotes…LOL…the advertising they are doing about being “real cowboys and cowgirls who know how to work cattle” makes me chuckle every time I see it. But, if it gets them business, then good for them! I have friends in both Houston and Dallas areas…I’ve been to a few towns on the east side of Texas. Admittedly, the first time I was there I was a bit surprised that it did not look like the Texas my mind had constructed…but then again, most people assume NJ is the armpit of NYC with lots of urban areas and industrial complexes, and that’s totally not what most of the state looks like. I live in Galloway Twp, and it is woods and agriculture (and nearby beaches!).

Critter-

My husband got the job and he is going to be living in an apartment in Mays Landing. It looks like a decent place. $$$$$$$$ We are expecting to get up there around June 25th and I will be there for a week or two. Would love to meet up and get info on the area. Let me know if you will be around/are available.

Thanks,
Hollyn