Feeling good but am going for a groshong in my chest next week

They are not doing a picc line like they said. YAY. But i am getting a groshong in my chest next week to pump my iv drugs in. I’m so glad they are doing that instead of a picc. Was not looking forward to being so careful with my arm. I can’t believe that I got ecoli in my fricken chest port! grrrrrrrrrrr
Husband and I have come to an agreement. I can’t ride but I can lunge horses and work them on the ground.

Well…but there is still so much you can accomplish on the ground, as you know! That will keep your horses in shape/training, the same with your eye and your body. For me, everything translates from the ground to the saddle - I hope the same is true for you!

Jingles for you ~ glad to hear you are allowed to lunge and do ground work.

Hey G.Q., Are you a fur bearing mammal?

What is a groshong?

When I first looked at the word I thought it was “groundhog”. I was wondering why you would have a groundhog on your chest…:eek: Maybe because it would be warm and furry and protect you from lymes and other bad bacteria/germs/parasites/ karoke.

Oh well. At least you get to go to the barn and play with your beasties. That is an improvement from earlier when all you could do was teach from the sidelines. :slight_smile:

Yes it is an improvement from just sitting. I have been doing so so much around the new place, stuff I would not have been able to do without the IV drugs.

A groshong is kinda like a picc line in your chest. Doesn’t get infected as easy, easier to put in, and harder to rip out.

I am going to take my horse for a nice long ride tomorrow and Monday since that will be the last time I will be able to ride for awhile.

Though there is one thing I am sick of. People who have not seen me since I became ill saying " boy you have gotten really really fat! Have you tried not eating so much?" I’d like to make them unable to do things for this long and to fall down every time they try to walk on bad days (ok I don’t, but it is annoying) I know I have gained a TON of weight. Trust me I don’t need you saying it to me. I notice it every day when I put on my pants or look in the mirror. Now done with the pity party : )

Oh and as for the am I an animal that wears fur? More of a person that loves anything with fur : ) Yay furry things yay!

[QUOTE=GaellentQuest;4895810]
Yes it is an improvement from just sitting. I have been doing so so much around the new place, stuff I would not have been able to do without the IV drugs.

A groshong is kinda like a picc line in your chest. Doesn’t get infected as easy, easier to put in, and harder to rip out.

I am going to take my horse for a nice long ride tomorrow and Monday since that will be the last time I will be able to ride for awhile.

Though there is one thing I am sick of. People who have not seen me since I became ill saying " boy you have gotten really really fat! Have you tried not eating so much?" I’d like to make them unable to do things for this long and to fall down every time they try to walk on bad days (ok I don’t, but it is annoying) I know I have gained a TON of weight. Trust me I don’t need you saying it to me. I notice it every day when I put on my pants or look in the mirror. Now done with the pity party : )

Oh and as for the am I an animal that wears fur? More of a person that loves anything with fur : ) Yay furry things yay![/QUOTE]

people should respect who you are and not what you look like for my size i look the best on a amish belgian:winkgrin:

Oops! Sorry!

Gallant Quest,
That groundhog is alive and snuggling you!:winkgrin: The comment was meant to give the image of a friendly little furry beast snuggled up, chittering happily, like a cat. Hugs all around was the idea.

Whicker- I’m all for cuddling little fury beasts! Yay furry things. Next year I get my baby wallaby to cuddle : ) Need to get healthy enough to nurse him through the day and night first. Oh and build his home ; )