Unlimited access >

FEI TV

What does FEI TV broadcast for the rest of the year that I cannot get in any other way?

I had planned to cancel my membership as soon as the games were over, but, with the price going back down to a manageable level, I am re-thinking that plan.

Does anyone subscribe to FEI TV all year round?

FEItv will have the Barcelona Nations Cup Finals at the end of September. I subscribed to watch that last year and it was very exciting, top class show jumping.

Then as we go into the fall they will show all the World Cup Qualifiers in Europe which are very cool to watch. Very big jumps in very small rings!

They also show all the Nations Cups throughout the year which are nice to watch as well.

April will be World Cup Finals, again very cool to watch. Similar format to WEG with a speed round to start and several individual rounds following.

Next year will also have the European Championships at some point. They also obviously cover Eventing and Dressage. I think they have the 4 stars minus Burghley? And I think all the World Cup stuff for all disciplines.

I’ve subscribed off and on, but this time just bought the year since the month for WEG was so much already. It works out to less the 10 bucks a month that way so I’d say its worth it.

Thanks, SlamDunk ---- It does sound like there is plenty to watch. ---- How will I know when to tune in? Will I get emails or is there a schedule I can print out?

FEI TV does send out daily emails, which can be helpful. I have FEI TV now, and intend to keep it. However, the absolutely easiest way I’ve found to know what’s on and when is to use StreamHorseTV.com. They have an Events tab that has a listing of all shows by date and discipline, with info on if it’s free, or pay, a link to the event website and a link to the live stream. They also list the live stream provider, so you can see which shows are coming from a good, reliable live streamer, or which are coming from a service that’s probably going to have problems. (USEF Network = good. iEquine = bad.) Their Twitter feed usually gives info on what’s going on, and they send out a daily Facebook status update with info. You still have the problem of figuring out what time of day to watch, but a lot of times when you click on the link to the livestream, it will say when broadcasting resumes. If not, you just have to allow for time zone difference and try again later. As we’ve learned from WEG, daytime over in Europe is pre-dawn to early afternoon over here.

Another thing that FEI TV does, is if you click on any of their upcoming broadcasts, they have a countdown clock to when it airs. That’s been very helpful for me.