Unlimited access >

FEI World Cup™ Final, 16-20 April, Saudi Arabia

Who is going?
Who wants to go?
Who is going to win?

https://inside.fei.org/fei/disc/dressage/main-events/world-cup-dressage/final

:slightly_smiling_face:

The World Cup is in Riyadh Saudi Arabia. Dubai is in the UAE.

3 Likes

I don’t.

5 Likes

And spend a nickel in Saudi Arabia? Not me.

10 Likes

Me either. And, glad to see that current World #1 isn’t going.

Although Jessica is the World Cup champion who needs only two results to go to the Final she has said she will not put the horse through the long flight to Riyadh, Saudi Arabia for the championship.

https://dressage-news.com/2024/01/13/jessica-von-bredow-werndl-tsf-dalera-bb-won-world-cup-freestyle-for-reigning-champions-13th-score-above-90/

The flight time is only ~6 hours.

3 Likes

More “sportswashing” from Saudi Arabia. Bought FIFA leadership for a slavery-built World Cup, managed to buy out the PGA tour, working on infiltrating Formula One, and now I guess buying out FEI which should come as no surprise.

Trying to buy credibility and elbow-rubbing with the elite to spackle over egregious human rights record.

10 Likes

I think she is smart. She has nothing to prove with her mare. Save her for the summer olympics.

5 Likes

Does Saudi Arabia even field a team for the World Cup?

1 Like

Yes, and they have qualified for Paris.

1 Like

Why would I want to support a country with atrocious human rights, supported the take down of your twin towers, responsible for the murder and dismemberment of a journalist who was a critic of the ruling family, treats women as property and participates in human trafficking and forced labor. Sportwashing is nothing more then bribing greedy, unethical individuals at the top of their sport to provide cover for a country with a horrible reputation.

12 Likes

The KSA has a notorious reputation for drugging and abusing their endurance horses.
It’s an odd place for the FEI to have their WC if horse welfare is important.

9 Likes

Soz, had a blonde moment. Fixed it.

1 Like

Yep.

2 Likes