Unlimited access >

Feral kittens have "moved on up to the east side". New pics 9-11-22!

Today the kittens moved from the bathroom to the spare bedroom. Lots more space, big window and a ceiling fan will make it a lot less hot and should help with the stink.
Jen and I double teamed them on Saturday, giving then a thorough head to tail inspection. Trimmed their nails and flea combed them and thankfully found no sign of fleas.
They’re getting braver by the day. They don’t run off like they’re on fire when put down anymore. They sit and watch me for a bit before scampering off but don’t hide.
Here’s new pics of them:

27 Likes

Aww, such pretty little babies. Sounds like they’re doing great!

Thank you for helping them. Any word on mama?

2 Likes

Mama Josie has an appointment in a couple weeks to get spayed then she’ll return to Jens’ yard where she’ll have 2 meals a day, water 24/7, and a nice bed box with a self warming bed pad.
She’s truly feral, Jen’s been feeding her for 2 years and still cannot touch her or get real close to her.

9 Likes

Sounds like a wonderful life. So many ferals will never have even a quarter of that. And no more babies!!

3 Likes

What adorable little floofballs! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

!
“Little” is still so tiny!

!
“Big” is a beast and shedding like crazy.

!
“Contents may vary from picture on box”

17 Likes

Are they more social now? They sure are gorgeous!

3 Likes

They’re so cute!! They’re both going to be beautiful cats when they grow up. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

They’re growing like crazy! Little is outgrowing her name.

14 Likes

That’s right kitties, the crate is just another play thing. Nothing to be worried about.

16 Likes

They’re both gorgeous but I want to pick up the one on the right and smooch cheeks! :joy:

3 Likes

That’s Big, the male. He’s so fuzzy! I love all the hair in his ears.

2 Likes

They are really beautiful. Are they getting more tame? From the pictures, It looks like it.

3 Likes

Good idea, getting them used to the crate when they’re babies. I love them both. I can’t decide which is cuter. :heart:

1 Like

They’re very slowly starting to come around. They don’t hide when I go in the room anymore.
I’ve been playing with them with a feather wand toy and they chase it right up to my legs when I’m sitting on the floor. They sniff my feet but scamper away if I try to touch them.

They like going in the crate and then I can reach in and pick them up. They run if I try to catch them but it’s more of a game now, they run a few feet then stop and look at me, no hiding.

They went to the vet last week and were so good. No trying to escape, very calm when held, etc. Clean bill of health except for worms which I expected. Got the genders right too, lol!

Next step is to introduce them to my younger, playful cat. Very supervised of course. Having a tame cat to watch and interact with should help I think.

8 Likes

Looking forward to pictures of the three of them together. They’re so pretty! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I LOFF! Little’s mittens :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
My Bounce has the same & I’m always amazed at how cleanly the white cuts off.
Behind he’s not as neat, one high white stocking & a kneesock.

6 Likes

what a dashing soul-patch he has!

3 Likes

great idea! Kitties are very monkey-see monkey-do at this stage. Just wait until they start getting jealous of the attention your tame kitty is getting. They will soon be fighting over who gets to sleep on your lap!

I know! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
He a Hipster :smirk_cat: