Unlimited access >

Filled with Bliss

No. Norcal is anything north of Paso Robles. SoCal south of same. We want them to be a separate state.

@sorrelfilly721 - I can see a bit of Morgan in your little girl but I really like her good sturdy legs.

1 Like

Yeah, and Bakersfield is definitely a desert precipitation-wise, but only 400’ elevation. To get up to Tehachapi you’ll climb up another 3500 feet. Lots of oak woodland there, so I wouldn’t call it high desert until you get to the east side of the mountains and transition to Mojave desert.

I like the way her neck ties in as well. And the sturdy straight legs. Yesterday afternoon she let me brush her ALL over! Her face, under her belly, down and between her legs - it was amazing! I’m a bad horse mom and didn’t take a pic when I was done. She was very shiny. I was also able to get her to give a little to pressure on the halter. A step here and there. She’s so much fun!

9 Likes

I LIKE her. Congratulations and have fun with your little student. It sounds like things are progressing well.

Susan

3 Likes

And I am actually in Rosamond. I knew we were SoCal, but I didn’t know the dividing line. Thanks for the info!

1 Like

Here she is all brushed and clean. Even let me comb her mane and tail. I picked up all 4 feet and held them today. I led her around a little bit too.

21 Likes

I think she’s decided she likes this whole people thing.

8 Likes

What @shiloh said :+1:
& You are at the top of her List :grin:
Pretty baby, all shined up :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

A friend of mine is an amateur photographer and wanted to take some pics of Bliss. I love this one! Maybe she’ll be my next dressage pony :slight_smile:

20 Likes

She is adorable! And coming along so fast
 have fun with her!

1 Like

OP, your horse is adorable!

1 Like

My 5yo mare has finally decided she likes her even if she doesn’t like the way she smells LOL. Miss Bliss is starting to get nice and sleek. She’s grown two inches since April 27th!

13 Likes

Look at that shiny coat!

2 Likes

She is so sweet! We have an Oakie at my barn and he’s super cool. If you’re on FB, the “Friends of Oak Creek Horses” is great.

1 Like

I’m on there - I love seeing everyone’s Oakies!

1 Like

Yesterday was an exciting day ponying Bliss (30 days out of the wild). I went to pet her from up top of Beanie and she pulled back. At the same time, Beanie decided to spin around and bolt causing me to lose hold of Bliss’s rope. Bliss took off like a bat out of hell trailing a 15 foot line. She ran into someone’s property about a quarter mile away through a fence line running and bucking all the while trailing the line. The grand finale was when she decided to return because Beanie was calling her. She leapt over a stack of woodïżŒ ïżŒstill trailing the line and managed never to get it caught on anything. She ran up to Beanie stopped and stood perfectly still for me to dismount and catch her. I had to pound on my chest a few times to restart my heart as visions of dead ponies danced in my head.

Here’s a video before it all went south. She was really good.

3 Likes

Yikes! Tomorrow you’ll need to start checking your head for white hair! That must have been so scary - glad it turned out well.

2 Likes

Jeeze. I got scared just reading that. Glad it turned out OK

1 Like