Unlimited access >

Finally found something to spend my bookstore gift card on

… and I think my mare is going to luuuuuuurrrvvvve it:

wavyguy

Merry Christmas, Miss G! Oh we’re going to have some FUN desensitizing sessions this winter :rofl:

4 Likes

well that’s interesting but one should know just in , the Texas the Comptroller’s Office says it has approximately $27 million in unclaimed gift cards

Nationwide a survey found that 51% of adults have unused gift cards, vouchers, or store credits worth that where worth about $15 billion with 49% have actually forfeited value because it expired, was lost or the business closed before they could redeem it.

In Texas, the unredeemed balances are considered abandoned and become unclaimed property in the Texas Comptroller’s Office after the card expires or on the three-year anniversary of when it was issued, whichever comes first. Unless you contact the comptroller’s office and claim the card balance, it eventually reverts to the state of Texas.

Essentially, someone would need to show that they have possession of the card to get back the abandoned balance associated with it.

So all hope is not lost, just check with the issuing State’s Comptroller’s office to see if that card you have has value

1 Like