Unlimited access >

Finding a Riding Coach when you are a trainer NOVA

Can anyone recommend someone in the Loudoun County area that I could trailer into once or twice a month just to get some eyes on my position? I teach and ride so I don’t really need someone to hold my hand, but I would love to find a great trainer to trailer into to give me some pointers on my own personal jumpers.
I’ve tried a few in the area. One showed up 30 minutes late every time, another had never jumped above a meter…. Another yelled at my horse. It’s not gone well. I need someone who has worked with riders at least through the 1.20.

You’re looking for an upper level show jumper coach?

Yes, at least through the 1.20.

Feel free to PM me. I know of a few. Hopefully, not the same ones you had trouble with!

PMed you. Thanks!

Have you tried Snowden Clarke (Orange Hill Farm in Marshall)?

I haven’t. There’s not a lot of info online about the program or him. Is he your trainer?

Not at the moment, I used to train with him before he went out to California. And after he came back, he gave me a couple of tips at a local show we were both riding at. His primarily focus is on Hunters, but he helped both me and my sister doing Jumpers. He is very knowledgeable and very encouraging.

Ok thanks. I’ll have to contact him and see if he allows ship ins

Sent you a PM, hopefully you haven’t tried my suggestions…

1 Like