Unlimited access >

Finger Lakes/Rochester Hunter Jumper barns

I am moving to Victor/Rochester area in the fall. Currently at a H/J barn but as I am older, I am happy doing good flat work and small jumps. Looking for excellent horse care and lessons, good footing, and good training as my horse is still a bit green and will need training rides also. An indoor goes without saying (although I said it…)
Thanks!

Hi. I own The Hunting Horn tack shop in Penfield. Here’s what I tell people coming to the area. Go yourself and visit barns. Take a lesson at each one. See who YOU get along with. Watch the professional ride a horse.

There are quite a lot of places around Rochester to board a horse. We all have different levels of what we’re looking for so take what everyone here is going to tell you with a grain of salt. Try googling the Rochester area. Many of the barns not only have web sites but also facebook pages where you can get a general look-see what they’re like.

We have lots of ‘old-timers’ (not that that’s a bad thing) and some up-and-comers (not that that’s a bad thing either). Just depends on who you feel comfortable with.

Good luck and come and see us in Penfield !

Great post Shedllybip!

I PM’d you!