Unlimited access >

First day and already a disaster :(

What a @#$%^&* joke.
How does stuff like this happen?

So wait, does this mean there are horses who already did the initial 40km loop competing against horses that will skip that 40 km loop?

I donā€™t know anything about this discipline, but that seems pretty darn wrong.

9 Likes

No everyone did the first 40km- they just didnā€™t all go the same way at the start. The biggest issue IMHO is that those who finished that first 40km quickly, had to sit around for a long time after they were already warmed up and going and those that were slower didnā€™t get as much rest at the others.

5 Likes

Holy. Cow. That is crazy!! And Iā€™m only on the five minute mark so far.

It gets betterā€¦I had to keep pausing so I didnā€™t miss the reining goes.

I think also a few people did more than 40km because they went the wrong way once on course, and had to turn around/backtrack

1 Like

and now its pouring rainā€¦

Oof. Very bad.

I wonder if some of those horses have ever seen that much rain :lol:

2 Likes

Thats actually a good question. Will be interesting to see how they finish. They are going to be absolutely saturated.

1 Like

This is the World Championships, how the heck does this happen? Its inexcusable, I feel so sorry for these competitors. Not a good start to the WEG. :frowning:

4 Likes

I wonder if Michael Jung is happy that his horse ended up with a minor injury and had to stay home.

18 Likes

Is it just me or does it look like the endurance competition is being run through a construction site? It looks like there is piles white railing (or some sort of plastic tubing) on the ground. The mud is somewhat understandable as the weather conditions arenā€™t ideal, but couldnā€™t they at least clean up the clutter? :confused: I hope the rest of the competition goes smoothlyā€¦

4 Likes

ā€¦and which riders were misdirected, any particular nationalities or just random riders?
What a nightmare. I couldnā€™t make it through the entire video. Iā€™m dying from embarrassment.

1 Like

10 horses did not make it to the restart, for various reasons. Team Ireland is down a rider.

Holy crap!

though I was a bit amused by the cop, you can just tell he was thinking ā€œf**king horse people!ā€ :lol:

2 Likes

It is being run through a construction site. Al-Hamadi smuggled out some cell phone videos yesterday & the day before. Well worth seeing!

3 Likes

Reasons related to the initial mix up on the start? Or more normal reasons?

I donā€™t know much about endurance, I think they were medical - as in they didnt pass the first vet. But really, if the race is starting again, it seems not fair to those riders.

ā€œI outrank you!ā€ Yeahā€¦try again buddy.

3 Likes