First dressage show as an Incontinent rider?

Hi ladies, I know this is a touchy subject so please don’t read on if you are easily offended.

When I was about 14, I developed an eating disorder, along with anxiety. Through my ED by bladder muscles withered away and at the age of 16 I was wetting myself at least 4-5 times a day. However I am now 20, and through Personal training I have regained most control except during riding, the one love of my life. I often have frequent accidents in the saddle, but during my schooling and lessons with my boy I have been wearing Depends, however I am not sure how they would go down in a show environment?

Could you wear the depends with some type of skin coloured lycra shorts over them. I think it spanx and the like can hid chubby rolls then it should be able to hide depends :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This sounds familiar.

4 Likes

No one will care. Well, maybe a few railbirds with nothing better to do, but most of the people at the dressage shows are worrying about their own tests. Judges certainly won’t care, especially if it means you are riding your best. Go out there and have fun. If it makes you feel better to use spanx or something similar, or get a great pair of breeches to minimize the Depends, do it, but it won’t be a problem other wise. (along those lines Romfh makes great OPAQUE white breeches)

And I don’t know if you have tried this trick, or it would work for your type of incontinence, but I use a tampon - it helps with stress incontinence by putting pressure on the urethra.

Kudos to you for all your hard work!

3 Likes

What like this? https://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/forum/discussion-forums/dressage/9665392-awkward-problem-on-collected-trot-

I wish I had the secret of reverse aging…was 21 now 20…level 2 rider now going to first show…

Never had an issue with bladder problems, only she did…

The story can’t stay straight, I believe someone is taking the p1ss.

In case it is true, depend on Depends…

7 Likes

Yeah whatever disposable protection you need, breeches upsized to fit nicely over, then an older style riding jacket that covers the butt. No one will notice or care.

Was thinking about this a few days ago… check out the Poise pads. Go into your underwear instead of replacing them like the Depends.

Should still work well and gives you some additional options if you need to “replace” them during the day which in breeches and boots could be a PITA if you go the Depends route. :slight_smile:

Don’t feed the troll

1 Like

I’m not sure how much leakage you are experiencing, but what about trying period undies like modibodi? they’re absorbent and moisture wicking.

This is amazing that this is a thing.

1 Like

How about the underwear designed to be worn with periods instead of using pads or tampons? I am beyond periods, but I have talked to women who love them. Amazon has many, search “period underwear”.

My only concern with these is, in the TMI category for sure, something for a period may not be near enough to hold an incontinent bladder. Products for bladder incontinence are made up of something different than products for periods (the fluid type and quantity are different).

My opinion only.