Unlimited access >

First horse property

I made an offer on my first horse property this morning. It’s 3 irrigated acres, 5 big stalls, wash, tack, giant round pen, native footing arena, and 800 sq ft of “human” living space on a separate building with a big attached shop.
I’m so nervous/excited I had to share! Please send jingles, tranquilizers and ask that one witchy aunt of yours to light a candle for me.

This would be a huge stress relief just to have eyes on my beasts every day. I can’t wait to scrub water buckets in January!!

9 Likes

You will love it. I love it, even in the dead of winter. Those nickers that greet me are the best.

3 Likes

Wishing you luck on getting your property!

1 Like

Great time to buy with low interest rates. But no answer on your offer yet, not a done deal. Jingles and nickers for success!

1 Like

Congratulations!

Never mind tranquilizers, walking on air is expected when you find your dream place.

Buying already built that fits what you need is always very smart.
Sounds like a fabulous place.

3 Likes

Do a happy dance! It’s a lifestyle choice certainly, and I spent a bit crying while my horses adjusted from the busy boarding barn environment to the quiet of the 5 acre paradise, but you couldn’t pay any of us to go back. (Off to enjoy the snow squalls and tuck the crew in for the evening in an hour or so).

1 Like

Sounds very similar to my farmette. Good luck and keep us posted.

1 Like

Super congrats and how about starting a journal if you don’t keep one already. I was planning to start a thread on my INCREDIBLE experience having horses at home. Grew up with them out the back door (age 7-18) but that was a LONG time ago and I just remember it being fun. We built the barn and brought home my two over two months ago and it has been far far more fabulous than I ever expected.

Yes, seeing them at 6am and then a quick check at noon and then PARTY TIME at 4pm when I’m done working (groom, ride) and then feed and then night check. WOW. It’s an intimacy and experience that is remarkable and I wish every horse owner could experience. Hay in slow feeders w 24 access = check. Deep bedding like I always wanted = check. No one to tell me what to do = check.

Looking forward to hearing more about yours!

5 Likes

Wishing you so much luck! :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

How exciting! This sounds like a dream, crossing my fingers for you!

1 Like

Adding fierce “hope offer is accepted!” vibes from Iowa.
I will never forget when we got this farm, which also happened to be our first home purchase, so it was extra stressful / unknown territory. When he got the word from the realtor, Mr. HH called my office but I was in a meeting. So he called the main reception desk and said “she’ll want you to pull her out of the meeting for this.” I took the call in the lobby (with several people surreptitiously watching me since Mr. HH made it seem fairly dramatic :laughing: ) and eyes welled up with tears when he told me. Special moments.

5 Likes

Good luck! Pretty exciting and a big step forward.

2 Likes