Unlimited access >

flap sizes? delgrange - cwd

first of all- sorry if I’m doing anything wrong… I read the forums frequently but have never posted.

okay so right now I ride in a bruno delgrange marked as “P165/2A” I love the saddle but unfortunately it won’t fit my horse. I was looking into a custom CWD but my barn is a little out of the way so before I start the process I was trying to get an idea of a cwd that would be similar seat wise to my current saddle

I don’t know the first thing about decoding flaps so thank you to everyone that helps!

It’s a Bruno Delgrange Partition, 16.5" with a 2A flap. The “Partition” part is indicated by the P in front of the seat size.

Delgrange flap sizing is relative to seat size, and the 2 flap is the standard length for a 16.5" saddle. The A indicates flap shape, which is “normal forward.” I don’t remember, off the top of my head, the length of the Delgrange #2 flap. My guess is about 12.75". If in doubt, measure on your own saddle.

The Partition is Delgrange’s semi-deep model and tends to run a little small in the seat, so if it’s marked 16.5", it’s going to ride closer to a 16". (Warning: that is very small, like a size normally used by 12-year-old kids or adults who are 5’0" or 5’1". So if you are not that size, or you’ve grown since you bought this saddle, think pretty seriously about moving up to something bigger.)

A reasonably close comp would be a CWD SE02 in 16" or 16.5" with a 1C or 2C flap. SE02 = CWD’s medium-deep seat model, roughly equivalent in depth to the Delgrange Partition. CWD seat sizes run fairly true, but sometimes they’re about 1/4" small depending on the model etc.

You’re bound to come back and ask what an “L” flap means in CWD, and it means “a straighter, not more forward angled, flap.” So a 2L would not be as forward as a 2C.

Happy shopping.