Unlimited access >

*&(*^^%*&^ fleas---cats mid cycle Advantage---next step?

My three spent a week at a friend’s house while I was moving, and came home with a flea problem. For the first few days fleas fell off of them with no itching, so the Advantage was doing it’s job. But, now they’re scratching, and i’m finding both adult and junior fleas on them and me. And, I don’t recall what the date was in July when they got their last treatment. I’m fairly certain it was the second week, but I didn’t write down the date. I’m a bit worried about re dosing my older guy, as he’s def sensitive to chemicals.
What to do now?

I would call my vet and ask. They know your cats so would be best to give input on what is working in your area and how your cats might tolerate being re-treated a week early.
(The second week of July could easily be four weeks ago if you are talking about the 10th of July.)

I have a zero flea policy in my house, they bite me and it is miserable.

1 Like

Check with your vet - I will say I’ve found that Advantage has lost its efficacy on my cats, so we usually go with Revolution, or change up from month to month. Cheristin is absolutely NOT one I can give my cats. Too many have allergic reactions to it.

I’ve dosed before the 30 days were up, and had no ill effects - but that’s me. Maybe the vet can give the old guy a flea bath?

Also, spray and vacuum the carpets in the house, and spray/wash any bedding the cats have. You’ll have to do that every few days in order to break the egg cycle.