Unlimited access >

Fleeceworks or Ecogold Hunter Pad?

Hello,

I am in the market of a new show hunter pad and have narrowed it down to the following 2: Fleeceworks (Show Hunter Pad Full) or the Ecogold (CooFit Hunter Pad)?

Any suggestions? I have never had any of these products, but always see Fleeceworks everywhere. And lately, in social media, there has been a lot of attention on the Ecogold pads, therefore I was just wondering what some people thought before I made my purchase.

Thank you!

[QUOTE=blondiee11;8511891]
Hello,

I am in the market of a new show hunter pad and have narrowed it down to the following 2: Fleeceworks (Show Hunter Pad Full) or the Ecogold (CooFit Hunter Pad)?

Any suggestions? I have never had any of these products, but always see Fleeceworks everywhere. And lately, in social media, there has been a lot of attention on the Ecogold pads, therefore I was just wondering what some people thought before I made my purchase.

Thank you![/QUOTE]

Do you any special features you would need, like shimming ability, shock absorption, etc.? These are both really nice pads and I’ve had both if them, just not the show hunter versions.

not really, just something that my horse would find more comfortable and possibly keep her cooler as she does tend to sweat a lot in the summer

Ecogold pads are great! They are non-slip, easy to wash and take care of, you have the Velcro type thing along the spine so you can add more padding as needed for different horses that you show. I’ve had mine for 3+ years. They look great too.

The Fleeceworks ones are too bulky and very hot I think. Not easy to take care of either. IMO

Go with the CoolFit Ecogold Hunter pad then. It’ll fit the bill perfectly. :slight_smile:

What about the Ecogold one vs. the new Oglivy one?

i saw the ogilvy one, and i felt that the price wasnt worth the quality of it (the feel of it) - but i’ve personally never used it. I do have other ogilvy products that i love though !

The Ogilvy pad looks nice, but it doesn’t really offer anything in terms keeping the horse cool in the summer.

One another quick questions - are the Ecogold true to size (for example, I have an 17.5" saddle) and if I get one sized 17-17.5 would it fit? Because I have heard that the Fleeceworks Hunter Pads do run a little smaller

My boyfriend has a 17.5" long forward flap and he uses my 17" one occasionally and it fits pretty good actually.

I don’t know much about Ecogold, but you couldn’t pay me to use Fleeceworks. I have ALWAYS been very disappointed in the quality and durability of everything I’ve had of theirs. If I’m going to do sheepskin, it’s going to be Mattes or ECP.

I agree with yb on fleeceworks. I’ve had two pads fall apart despite proper care & washing and won’t buy it again. My Mattes & Christdream sheepskin pads are still in excellent shape, and I would buy either again.

I have a Mattes hunter pad and the Ecogold hunter pad. Here’s what I like about each:

• Ecogold - terrific non-slip, good wicking properties. I use it for foxhunting, and it stays on. It is a thin pad, and I will frequently put a thinline over it for extra shock absorption on longer rides. It’s easy to wash and seem to wear well. I have notices some slight staining from the saddle, and some pilling on the fake fleece, but nothing significant.

• Mattes - lovely pad, excellent wicking properties, nice shock absorption. My only grumble is standard with sheepskin - it’s a pain to clean, and takes forever to line dry. It’s also expensive - you can probably buy two ecogolds for the price of the Mattes hunter pad.

[QUOTE=blondiee11;8511992]
One another quick questions - are the Ecogold true to size (for example, I have an 17.5" saddle) and if I get one sized 17-17.5 would it fit? Because I have heard that the Fleeceworks Hunter Pads do run a little smaller[/QUOTE]

Give the company a call, and they’ll be more than helpful ensuring you get the pad that best fits your saddle. They also have a great return policy if it isn’t quite what you need when it arrives. For what it’s worth, my pads have always fit true to size when I’ve ordered them. :slight_smile:

LOVE the EcoGold! And they do fit true to size!

Definitely Fleeceworks, not sure why YB’s or GreyDes’s pads fell apart but I’ve had a few and they’re in great shape after years of use. Found them significantly better than Ogilvy pads and don’t like the feel of EcoGold. If you’re worried about durability and thinness I’d look at Fleeceworks Therawool range, really really nice wool, I’ve got the girth cover and it’s been brilliant washing and stopping rubs. Mattes is good sheepskin but I’ve always found it goes stiff and is really very thick.

[QUOTE=rocky01;8516280]
Definitely Fleeceworks, not sure why YB’s or GreyDes’s pads fell apart but I’ve had a few and they’re in great shape after years of use. Found them significantly better than Ogilvy pads and don’t like the feel of EcoGold. If you’re worried about durability and thinness I’d look at Fleeceworks Therawool range, really really nice wool, I’ve got the girth cover and it’s been brilliant washing and stopping rubs. Mattes is good sheepskin but I’ve always found it goes stiff and is really very thick.[/QUOTE]

How do you find the Fleeceworks in the summer? Does it get to warm for the horse? I’ve read up about the Therawool ones, just wondering whether I should get that one or the original as I prefer the look of the full trim on the hunter pad, compared to the therawool which comes in the partial trim

I like the idea of EcoGold, but do the pads last? I bought a Cross-Country pad from the company many years ago and after one ride it literally disintegrated. The stitching was a mess and the sticky pannels were falling off. Has their quality improved at all?

Maya, I’ve had my EcoGold halfpad from them for at least five years, and it still looks brand new. My shaped pads are a few years old as well, and no complaints there either. I have converted the barn to EcoGold products by lending mine out, and I don’t think a single person has had an issue so far. Not a huge sample size, but we are all very pleased!