Unlimited access >

Flexible

Is anyone raising a baby Flexible? What are they like?

Reviving this old thread as I just happened across it while tooling around in the forum. I have a 2014 stallion by Flexible that I bred from my late :frowning: mare. He’s wicked smart, very sensitive, extremely sweet and kind hearted, agreeable, easy to have around, great work ethic, brave, and great combination of very laid back while having blood under saddle. We call him the “surfer stoner.” He’s barefoot, quite sound, huge stride, athletic, and on top of being one of the most athletic and scopey horses I have ever sat on he is also the best trail horse I have ever sat on. He can go trail riding one day on the buckle and the next trailer to a show, tack up while tied to the trailer, do his thing, and go home and be a pet.

The only “tricky” thing about him is I have yet to find a bit he finds acceptable and has been in a hackamore, which is fine except he can get a little heavy on the backside if he doesn’t see a jump in front of him.

I would love to hear about any of his siblings are :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for a reply. I was thinking about it 4 years ago, but didn’t. I’m not a fan of AI, or frozen semen. Being a TB person, I really tend to lean towards live cover, for a number of reasons, and of course, this just isn’t often the way it goes in the show horse world. And my mare is too old now, unfortunately… she’s 22 this year. An 18 year old maiden was scary enough LOL. It’s really a shame that she did not get the chance to reproduce, there has rarely been a mare who earned and deserved the right to reproduce more than this one IMHO. But she’s a retiree, out in her herd of friends and family now. Queen of the Universe (Western Canadian Version), in her opinion. And in my opinion.

1 Like