Unlimited access >

Flexineb cleaning

Got a Flexineb, and my horse had his first treatment this morning. He did great. The directions say clean the medicine cup with distilled water and dish liquid. I worry that it won’t rinse out very well. So this morning i only used distilled water. What do you all do?

I just use distilled water in the cup and dish soap on the rest, but I’ve only put saline in the cup for treatment not meds.

1 Like

I use distilled water and the teeny tiniest drop of dish soap. Shake it up then rinse a couple times with distilled water. Then add a bit more distilled water, put the lid on and shake again to see if there’s any soap left. It always looks like new after it dries, no obvious soap residue.

1 Like

Ok, thanks. I want to follow directions b/c it was so expensive, but I was not sure how to make sure to rinse it all the way. I need to go get a gallon of distilled at the pharmacy.

1 Like

I just use distilled water. I wipe the rest of the parts antibacterial cleaner (it came with the Flexineb).

You are supposed to put the top on the cap after filling with the distilled water and then press down on the cap some until you can hear the pressure change which should get some of the distilled water into the release valve area. Sounds like a bit of a squeaky squish noise. Cleaning the cup itself isn’t much of an issue. You want to avoid a clog in the exit valve to help it last longer.

The bucket parts tend to need much more cleaning at least for mine when he does some good sneezes in there.

1 Like

I am not doubting you, but where did you learn this? Bc it is not in the instructions. It makes sense, but i am curious where you found this out.

It was in the pack of papers that came with my nebulizer.

2 Likes

2 Likes

If you watch the video of them cleaning the medication cup you can see them “pumping” on the cap a few times.

How bizarre. Mine does not say that. It has about the part where you add dish liquid and distilled water, but it only says to shake it and rinse it again until clean. No mention of the mesh at all. Thanks for this. Was yours the Flexineb 3? or an earlier model?

I have the E3, I’m not sure what it said in the pamphlet that came with it. But I have the app on my phone and it says the same thing as what @IPEsq posted.

Mine is the E3…just bought it last year.

You know i pulled out my manual and there it is in black and white. I am a total moron. Idk how i missed this. Thanks for posting. I think my brain is fried from worrying about my horse.

1 Like

I’m sorry to resurrect an old thread, but unless I missed it, I don’t see antibacterial wipes in my flexineb kit. Does anyone have a favored brand or type that is safe to use? Or just any old antimicrobial wipe? Thanks in advance!