Unlimited access >

Foal Names

My filly was born Monday night and I put off naming her because she had to be brought to Auburn for intensive care. She’s now trending in a positive direction and it feels like it’s time to give her a name. She’s massive and leggy with her mom’s perfect cranky mule ears. She’s a rich bay with 2 socks, a star, and the tiniest little snip. She’s seems to be quite the little fighter and is very sweet so far. She’s bred to be a high performance hunter. Her dam’s name is Gabbana and her Sire is Comme Il Hero Z. The show name needs to start with an S. Any suggestions are appreciated!!

1 Like

Congrats on your new addition!

Barn names or show names? Or both?

“Spitfire” in combination with something else?

2 Likes

Since her mom’s name is Gabbana what about something containing Dolce (which in italian means sweet) recalling the famous brand?
Searching for Dolce
Skipping Dolce

Gabbana’s sister is names Dolce so feels repetitive

Mostly both, but mostly barn name. Right now the biggest contender for show name is SOS Romeo Whiskey as it was my late Grandpa’s call sign as a pilot

9 Likes

In keeping with the designer name trend, maybe barn name Coco or Chanel?

Sharona

1 Like

Schiaparelli - barn name Elsa.

Saint Laurent - barn name Yva (or Eve, Yves)

8 Likes

Bay with socks and a star and the not certain beginning make me think about a lovely mare I know who’s name is ‘Que sera sera’ (what will be will be). Her barn name is Willow, but I can think of lots of variations off the name, if you’re so inclined: Kay, Sarah, Syrah, Queso (lol, why not?), Dulcinea (from Don Quijote/Man of la Mancha), etc

1 Like

If you go with this as her show name, her barn name could be Juliet.

Sweet Auburn
Barn name: Cary

Not sure why music terms came into my head, but…

Sonata
Serenade
Symphony
Soloist
Soprano

Show names:
Salerno (Italian city like mama’s Italian name!)
Standalone
Standout
Still Yours
Sending Love

Show Name: Sashay or Supermodelle

Barn Name: Sashay, Sasha, Snippette, and Dolce

Gabbana’s first name is Stefano – so something similar? Stefani?

1 Like

Savior
(relating to her father’s name)

Sassy
Show Girl