Unlimited access >

For Fun - Puppy Naming

Sourcing creative naming ideas! I recently purchased a puppy from a reputable breeder (she is the second dog we have from this kennel), and now have the ability to register her with AKC. We have her call name picked out - Pippa (Pip). Looking for ideas for her registered name! We are Lord of the Rings fans, and are considering something inspired by Pippin, The Shire, etc. as an addition to the breeder’s kennel name. Thoughts??

For background - I’ve never registered a dog before (our previous came at 2+ y/o and was already registered and competed), but puppy is a field bred spaniel from successful working lines. We are exploring training for field competitions with a semi-local trainer, so if anyone is familiar with field trial names or tips, much appreciated!

If she’s a buff spaniel you could name her Elanor, for Sam’s daughter and the flower.

Arwen Evenstar

1 Like

Or if she’s from English lines you could call her Pip Emma. :wink:

1 Like

Well, Pippin had three sisters in LOTR
Pearl
Pimpernel
Pervinca

Pippin is also who took the palantir, the Seeing Stone
Bywater was a village in the Shire, home of the two inns, The Green Dragon & Ivy Bush
There was also Bucklebury Ferry and Brandywine Bridge in the Shire

1 Like

Oh these are some awesome ideas! She’s currently in the teething phase, so Green Dragon suits her ;). I also love something to do with Brandywine and Bucklebury.

1 Like

You’re welcome! I love naming! I can name anything but my own critters :woman_shrugging: If I think of anything else, I’ll come back. I was hoping for a town name or something, but the hobbits don’t seem to have been too romantic in that department (Hobbiton? No) :slight_smile:

I’m going to break with the LOTR tradition and suggest my personal childhood hero, Pippi Longstocking!

And, you know, pictures… :rofl:

4 Likes