Unlimited access >

Forestier Saddles: Opinions

I’m being offered a Sellerie Forestier saddle. Does anyone know if they’re good or not?

I have a very old one, that has been well cared for, and I love it. (I bought it used in 2002 so it’s rilly rilly old!) The model is called the Atlanta and it rides a lot like a Butet. I have no idea what the leather quality is like in the newer ones.

I rode in one once and loved it. I tried to buy it, but it didn’t work out. Seller kept it. They are well made.

I had a Forestier long ago. I bought it around 1999-2000 when they were first looking at bringing them to the US market (it had been a demo saddle). I loved that saddle probably more than any other I’ve had including my current CWD. I sold it during graduate school as I was riding reining horses and it had just been sitting around for years. I came back to the hunter jumpers not long after that and I still kick myself for selling that saddle.

I have one and I love it!!! It is very comfortable and fits my 2 horses beautifully! I took a chance on it from a dealer who was stopping selling saddles and had it in British Columbia and I live in NJ. it was a demo. and it is a really nice saddle!

I bought one on eBay and it didn’t fit my horse. I really wish I would have held on to it. It was lovely and beautifully made.

I have one. Lynn Palm version. Technically 18 inches but a pretty tight 18 inches mono flap. Very nice quality saddle. Doesn’t fit many horses though.

I have one that I love. Fits a good variety of horses. I kept bringing home saddles to try recently and none were as comfortable or fit the horses right. Definitely recommend! (I had a County before that and was used to riding in Devoucoux and Butet and PJ saddles before I got mine. It’s a great mix of comfy but with good feel)