Unlimited access >

Fox Hunting in Ireland

Pre-covid times I tried to plan a trip to Ireland to go fox hunting. Obviously that didn’t go through, so I’m trying again now! But the places I had contacted previously aren’t functioning like that now. Does anyone know of any barns that do week long hunt packages, or that sort of thing? Looking for accommodations, a horse to ride, and to do a few hunts over the course of a week or so. Thanks!

@SidesaddleRider, can you help out?

worth contacting Flowerhill, they offer that kind of service

Your best bet for all of that is to stay in Adare (Co. Limerick) at the Dunraven Arms hotel. From there, it is an easy drive to Clonshire Equestrian Centre, where you can do an adult camp, or take lessons, do XC schools, etc. For the days you want to hunt, just make arrangements through Louis Murphy, the owner of the Dunraven, and he has all the contacts to set you up with hirelings and bookings for the neighboring hunts (Limerick, Stonehall Harriers, Co. Clare, etc). The Dunraven, in addition to being an excellent hotel and the main stay for foxhunters basing on the west coast, also offers hunt coat cleaning and boot cleaning/polishing after you return. :wink:

As if I didn’t want to visit Ireland enough as it is…