Unlimited access >

Frivolous thread - what color bling browband?

I have two blingy browbands. The one on my snaffle bridle is alternating black and dark gray crystals and it’s very subtle if that’s the look you want. It came with the bridle (Eponia Outlaw).

I thought when I was shopping for a fancy browband for the double bridle that was the vibe I wanted to stick with. Black/grey/silver because they match everything and preferably with pearls. Ummmmm…I went the complete opposite direction with rainbow spikes. Whoops hahahahaha. I got this from The Bling Bay on Etsy and I’m over the moon happy with it. Plus I had it in less than a week!

6 Likes

@billiebob I totally want one of those spike browbands, but the hematite for my big mare who’s a bit of a punk!

1 Like

This is mine and I love it!

4 Likes

I made one and I love how it came out for my bay mare! Do it!

3 Likes

Ok, now I am going to take mine apart and re-make it! Will post when I get it finished (again!)

1 Like

I like clear crystals, but my horse is black and that looks the best on him.

5 Likes

Mondo, I got mine from two local women who often had booths at Donida , if I remember correctly. They made stock pins to match so I suspect mine was made by same as yours.

1 Like

Nope. Gift from an anonymous online friend. :wink:

I needed craft therapy last night so here is the updated version.

8 Likes

a vote cast for NO BLING. NONE! Horses deserve to be treated with conservative elegance.

2 Likes

How did I miss this?

OK, my gelding wears (now) a grey swarovski crystal browband. I purchased it at s’hertogenbosch. A few of us pulled up pictures of our horses and asked random people “what do you think?” Consensus was grey crystals because he’s a gelding. Not clear-too “girly” they said. I bought that browband and love it! I also purchased black and white alternating crystals, both U shaped for his wide forehead. That experience was so much fun because I gave my opinion to several other shopping horse owners.

At regional championships, I purchased a People On Horses browband, I believe. They let us bring our horses to the booth and hold up browbands. Of course, random people were there to give unbiased opinions. They have lots of crystals but also black crystals and opaque stones. I purchased one of those browbands for my mare and it wasn’t flashy, but the black crystals sparkled when the light was just right and the stones bounced the light. The videos of my rides made me love it even more. I’m so bummed it doesn’t fit my gelding’s wide forehead.

I love, love, love my POH browband but it also is too narrow for my gelding’s forehead. To be fair, it was purchased for the horse that preceded him. Their stuff is gorgeous… and it stands the test of time! I’ve had so many bling browbands break within a year or so, or crystals/gems pop out – my POH browband is 10 years old and still looks brand new.

ETA - pictures of it on my gelding (yes, his ears are that big):

I like blue for my bay boy. I also have a navy helmet and coat.

This browband I brought from smartpak.

2 Likes

My friend makes browbands with the changeable bling in a channel. My darker mare has hematite and burgundy beads, and the brighter gelding has a peridot-like bead.

3 Likes

Oooooh, pictures!

@beowulf Great looking guy! My mare also had big ears that flopped when went. I have to take a picture of that browband for you this weekend. I love it so much.

@arbeegirl, love the blue!!

Here’s my guy with the blocks of black and white crystals. You can see how the curvier browband fits him better.

image Fior head

Here’s the grey swarovski in his bleached summer look:

3 Likes

I don’t know why it stuck two pictures together.

WOW!! stunning!! Are these the POH brand as well?

No, I got them at Indoor Brabant. The checkered browband was from a local person. I like to alternate them. Last I saw, POH didn’t have curvey browbands that my wide-headed horse really needs, He didn’t fit into my beloved browband, which was really sad. Last I looked on their website they didn’t have curvies but I should check back.

1 Like

Personally, I like the browbands to lay flat and gently across the forehead. I found a seller on Etsy that makes very thin wave browbands in any color/combo desired. I will try to attach what I ordered but I am very happy, not only the color but the loose “laying” effect of the fit too. PM me if you like it and I will send details!
As far as color, you are very lucky! It would be hard to find a color your guy won’t look good in! My daughter showed a dark seal bay in WP and he went in a pale blue set-up that looked very nice and actually read a bit conservative(for WP). I think a gradient effect of navy to pale blue in the center and back to navy would be stunning on your boy!

4 Likes

Oh blue, I would love that!! If only I could find those crystals on a browband that fit him! Blue is one of “his” colors.

I will PM you for the maker of your browband!