Unlimited access >

From Middleburg to Richmond, VA looking for a new H/J barn!

Hi!

My husband and I just moved to Richmond from Middleburg and I am looking for H/J barns in the area. I have found a few threads on this subject, but they are rather outdated, so any new info would be awesome!
I currently have my wonderful and hilarious TB in Great Falls on lease but will eventually bring him down here. We do the hunters and I would love to find a friendly, professional, but easy going (middle-of-the-road) barn to call my equestrian home…we are low key, happy, and helpful boarders :wink:

Thanks so much! Hope to meet some wonderful RVA’ers out here soon!

Hi! Welcome to the Richmond area! I am a little out of the loop on hunter/jumper barns these days. Used to do the hunter stuff, but these days just dabble in whatever catches my fancy. Keep my horses at a small private farm owned by a woman who foxhunts. I have two Tb mares, the older one(20) I have owned since she was a yearling. She was the one that did hunter showing. She has done a little of everything from foxhunting, hunter paces, judged trail rides, camping, parades, low level dressage, low level Combined Tests, musical quadrille, and team penning. My younger mare is an OTTB that is 7yo. I got her the end of November and she is still a little green. I have a trainer coming out once per week to fine tune steering and acceptance of aids. She is actually a bit quieter than my old mare, so I foresee her being able to step into the old girl’s hoof prints without too much problem. Pm me if you would like to get together. If nothing else, you could come ride one of the girls until you get your horse down here.

Sulu and Derek Reed at Stillwater Farm are absolutely wonderful. They have great horses and a great group of riders. The instruction is also top-notch.

http://rtsatstillmeadowsfarm.com/

[QUOTE=DNB;7610544]
Sulu and Derek Reed at Stillwater Farm are absolutely wonderful. They have great horses and a great group of riders. The instruction is also top-notch.

http://rtsatstillmeadowsfarm.com/[/QUOTE]
Stillmeadows Farm :slight_smile: Come visit. Sulu and Derek do a great on both the jumper and hunter side. Plenty of lesson horses, too, if you’re looking for that before you bring your horse down.