Unlimited access >

FT Saratoga Sale 2023 Catalog is Online. Sale Today at 6:30 EDT

Always fun. Sale is August 7th-8th.

First Crop Sires and 2023 Fees:

McKinzie: has 12 in the sale, six colts and six fillies. His get have been pretty well received at the sales. It will be interesting to see how the do at Saratoga. Fee 30K.

War of Will, has 3 in the sale. Fee 25K

Volatile has 2. Fee 12.5K

Vekoma has 3. Fee 15K

Instagrand has 1. Fee 7.5K

Improbable has 4. Fee 25K

Global Campaign has 1. Fee 10K

Complexity has 1. Fee 12.5K

Authentic has 16. Fee 60K His get have been well received at the sales.

Otherwise , plenty of Tapit , Gunrunner, Constitution, Good Magic, Into Mischief, Justify, Maclean’s Music, Not This Time, Uncle Mo, etc…

3 Likes

As always, some lovely yearlings and great pedigrees.

Full to Caledonia Road 675 RNA

My Racehorse bought this colt for 400K;

1 Like

Hip #33, colt by Gun Runner, big and beautiful, $850,000!

#33 was a filly, but agree she was gorgeous!

Authentic x Golden Domer colt 875K

Munnings x Gold Medal Dancer filly 775K

Quality Road x I’m a Looker (Henny Hughes) colt 1.1M

American Pharoah x Indian Pride colt 600K

McKinzie x Koala Queen colt 700K

Curlin x Lady TNT filly 1M 50K

Volatile x Light of The Nile colt 600K

Justify x Living the Life colt 600K

Justify x Marketplace colt 850K

Into Mischief x Meal Ticket colt 850K

Curlin x Mopotism colt 825K

Thanks for the updates!

1 Like

Constitution x Nina Fever filly 900K

You’re welcome! I never know if anyone is very interested in the sale or if I am typing into the ether… :upside_down_face:

I enjoy watching for a while. Love the big-priced ones, but feel sorry for the people of the ones that go for less money, the ones that don’t or barely make the stud fee. And I wonder why a yearling with what seems like lovely breeding does not sell–probably the vet report, which we don’t see, of course, or the reserve was too high.

I’m a little perplexed at the sales topper. Is it at all possible that his front end will catch up with his back end? Seems like a rather extreme growth spurt. Someone with more experience please educate me.

Yearlings go through growth spurts. His front end will likely catch up to his hind. His breeding and his conformation were worth 1.1M to someone.

Stonestreet has an excellent broodmare band and a reputation for top notch management of their mares and foals. When they sell a colt it is usually very well received.

I’d expect #123 will be expensive (I’m often wrong) and he’s rump high as well, though he’s an April foal and that could affect his price. We’ll see. :slightly_smiling_face:

Both colts look better walking than they do standing still.

#129 is quite the mature looking yearling. Tapit and Tiznow showing themselves? https://vimeo.com/851493906

#135 colt should sell well. Into Mischief x Rachel’s Valentina from Stonestreet. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kaA6X6srFI

Quite a few fancy pedigrees in this second session. Curlin x Beholder colt among them. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4LgtIGH75M another April foal.

Unable to keep tabs/watch the sale.
Did the Beholder Colt go through yet?

1 Like

The sale hasn’t started yet. 6:30 EDT
I’ll try to post the results for him and as many others as I can.

1 Like

Here is a little more information shared by the agent on the Quality Road colt.