Unlimited access >

FTK July Sale

It seems like some really nice horses are being passed over.

1 Like

I’ll look back at the short yearling catalog after this sale. I remember he was getting some massive, heavy looking shoulders. This group looks better.

There sure are plenty of them in this sale. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That’s a Curlin thing. You will find a lot of Curlin and sons of Curlin offspring with bulky shoulders. One reason why I tend to skip over them…too “top heavy” for my taste. Of course not all of them are, and those with good balance are VERY nice.

1 Like

#80 Lovely Audible colt.

1 Like

Hoping for more than $30k, but it’s still 6x stud fee so we’ll take it.

Feeling disappointed, as back in the spring the Fasig inspectors appraised him at $80k.

4 Likes

I liked him better than that, but I’m puzzled at a lot of the ups and downs of this sale.

2 Likes

I looked back at the 2022 catalogs and found that I was confusing Vino Rosso with Good Magic (another Curlin son.) Good Magic had quite a few of his get in the OBS Spring Sale of Two-year Olds.

I like Vino Rosso’s get, better than Good Magic’s, and apparently buyers do as well.

Yes, I totally understand the mix up between the two. And Good Magic is really heavy on his front end with a big beefy shoulder and a low-ish neck emergence (not uncommon with Curlin). Vino Rosso is comparatively lighter in front and seems to produce a bit more racy type.

Good Magic has had a couple good runners so far, so apparently they make the front end work. :wink:

1 Like

Some of them do, anyway. :grin:

Just wanted to update that Jolly has been officially named “Head Lad” and will be raced in a syndicate organized by Feld Family Finds. They are very excited to have him, they know they got a heck of a deal. He is back in FL to get started for the track by Eddie Woods this fall, and will likely be sent to Bob Baffert when he’s ready. We have bought into a small percentage and are excited to still be involved with him. (I’m not thrilled about Baffert personally, but Jolly will have every opportunity to prove his talent and that’s all a breeder can ask for!)

10 Likes