Unlimited access >

FUN Topic.....That pic you show off first

It’s great to see your photos again @supershorty628. You have so many good ones!

7 Likes

How fun! This is my semi-retired mare and me back in the day when we jumped big stuff. Picture is from the Colorado Horse Park.

34 Likes

I’m still explaining to Cudo that though he’s 17, we have another level to conquer and I hope he is taking the good levels of Centrum… We may be older but we still like big jumps.

Emily, you had such a great relationship with her. I still want “THAT” with a horse.

Em

9 Likes

Why, yes, the sun does shine out of my ass.

Me and the old man Lamplight 2008.

54 Likes

Nikki!!! I agree with skydy…so good to see her again. This thread should be fun. Will contribute later when I get a chance.

3 Likes

Just a random schooling moment at home but there’s something about it!

20 Likes

This is my absolutely pricessless, horse of a lifetime related to Nikki, @supershorty628’s wonderful mare.

35 Likes

Link?

1 Like

I finally got it to work.

1 Like

Beautiful!

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

This one was long ago, taken at the end of a two day clinic, where we jumped a whole course:

29 Likes

Let me try this again. I just posted this, and I tried to add to it, and it has disappeared. So here goes.

This is my avatar picture. It was a lovely day, we were at a clinic at our barn with the guru of the midwest Deb Booker. I think of it as our Black Beauty moment. We were all friends, and all boarded there. It was the best time of my life. It didn’t last. There were divorces, and moves, and after a while we were all gone.

This other was earlier than that. The first summer I had her was 1978. That year, I bought my house, my horse, and went to the World Championships of 3 day eventing in Kentucky. I had never heard of eventing, and I was mesmeried. It changed my life.

29 Likes

Apologies, as most of these have been posted on this BB for various & sundry reasons :smirk:
First DH & his TWH Buddy - shown as Steppin’ Out - at their 1st rated Event - 1996ish.
Both gone 20+yrs, both missed still

Me & my Very First horse of my own (after years of schoolies & shareboards) Me: 39, Vern: 6
Pic by a friend, taken our first season at Lamplight - 1989

My TWH, Cash - @17h+, vet called him The Belgian Walking Horse - on trails at Brown County. In a borrowed treeless saddle.
For reference: I’m 5’4"

My COTH Giveaway Sam, no pics of him U/S.
Another Big Guy, pony with him is 52" (Kouma, the pony was a freebie from my shoer, his job was/is Companion. He turned 24 today)

Just for fun :smile:
My current ride - Harley
TWH gifted to me when I lost Sam. By a friend who only trailrode/horsecamped with him for the 6yrs she had him. Age guesstimated @13 then.
He had a teleporting spook when I first got him & asked him to do something besides trails.
I asked my Dressage trainer to video our lesson :roll_eyes:

He hasn’t had me off since :smirk:

My OldLady Folly.
Driving mini. Got him as a 2yo. He’ll be 10 in May.
He was 3 in this pic

27 Likes

It used to be this photo:
MHSA 2 copy
(Flying Horse Photography- this would have been from 2006 or 2007, and I don’t know where the original is. All I have is this terrible scan.)

But these days, it’s this one. Also 10+ years old at this point. My sister was having her senior portraits taken with her horse and mine, and at this moment she was trying to get her horse to pose. We were just waiting for him to figure out his best angle when my mom looked over our way and snapped this picture.
The Man

And for those of you who know him, Tip will be 29 come Sunday. His retirement consists of wandering around the farm bareback with a halter and two lead ropes, visiting the mini donkeys across the street, going on trail rides when he feels like it, and telling all the young horses to get off his porch. He is enjoying it immensely, and yes, he still thinks he’s 4.

28 Likes

Thank you all for posting. It’s such fun to see your memories.

I hope @CBoylen won’t be shy and will give us a treat as well.

I miss @Lord_Helpus, I wish she’d come back to COTH. She has some great photos too.

10 Likes

2 for me, too!

Both are of my beloved Arnie. I didn’t expect to ever have a second heart horse. I especially didn’t expect that horse to be a then-24-year-old (now 27!) lesson horse. I’ll love him forever. I found out my dad had stage 4 cancer while sitting on his back. He’s the first horse my daughter ever met (he bit her, of course). He has a place in my heart for life.

That’s from 4th place out of 45 in a derby on grass — my proudest riding moment to date for so many reasons. I can still feel that smile!

I mean, does this one need explanation?! I felt like a kid in paradise.

29 Likes

My dearly departed, Bentley. Vermont Summer Festival Derby. IMG_4930

31 Likes

I thought about this, and I’m not sure I have a top favorite photo, but I do have ones that sort of feel like they stand out as representative of stages of my life/career.

IMG_1185
The last one I think is the best photo I own, from a photography standpoint. It’s just stunning in person in the light.

52 Likes

Lovely!

I agree that the photo in the water is special.

3 Likes