Unlimited access >

FUN Topic.....That pic you show off first

We all do this, when you’re trying to show off a pic of your favorite horse, course, show, etc…

What’s the FIRST, go to pics that you share??

Post it here to show it off to more people who can appreciate it.

Explanations welcome.

I have 2…

For Cudo… THIS is my favorite… and the best part… the round itself was less than wonderful, pretty bad for us in fact. But the pic shows off his scope in all it’s glory on display at Upperville. I bought that pic right away. Photo Credit to Anne Gittins

I love it and the fence is an iconic fence that’s regularly used on the AA circuit.

For Chad… He’s still learning things but when folks ask to see pics of him I default to a movement pic that’s just LOVELY. I love that my hubby got that pic. He may be bred to death to be a Grand Prix jumper, but he is a fancy eventer. (By Zirocco Blue VDL out of an Indoctro mare who has produced more than a few 1.35+ jumpers)

Ok so let’s see your best and favorite pics!!!

Em

44 Likes

I’m always looking for an excuse to share photos :nerd_face:

I have two riding photos and then a few portraits. My two riding photos are actually from last show season. I took a 4-5 year break from eventing and just got back to it in 2023. I had the absolute time of my life and am HYPE for this year. We started at starter, moved up to BN in the fall. Going to start at BN this year and hopefully move up to N this fall.

I did the portraits myself:

This one isn’t exactly a high quality photo, but if people want to see just a side profile of his whole body, I’ll send them this one:

31 Likes

DI8I8521-(ZF-0607-20478-1-001) (1)

Of my late mare.

24 Likes

I’ve only done one rated show in my life and only one show that had a photographer, but boy did this one photograph well! You might think the photo of me smiling is after I wone a $100,000 Grand Prix, buts it’s just me jumping clear in the 1.0m blue ribbon round :joy::joy:. I just couldn’t believe how lucky I was to finally live my childhood dream on the world’s most boy.

The oxer photo my horse is jumping sooooo good and on the last day of the show. Knees up, ears forward and poofy mane and tail flying!

46 Likes

That chromey chestnut color with a green backdrop is stunning!

3 Likes

IMG_1377

Me and the old man in his glory (2006).

Me and Peanut November.

62 Likes

GP ring at Lamplight!

2 Likes

Ye Ole Wayne Eventing Derby! So much fun!

2 Likes

[/img]
My first ever hunter derby

35 Likes

There are a million better quality photos, but this photo is the one I always think of first when someone asks for a special photo. It’s Holden and I cheering on my sister and his brother as they finished their first event together - my sister’s first show after a ~10 year break from riding.

I wish it was better quality so I could have it framed!

This is probably my favorite action photo - the hard copy of this photo sits on my mantle. It’s the horse that started it all for me - photo taken by Joan Davis of Flatland Fotos in early 2000s.

41 Likes

One of my favorite horses ever. We had just finished with a 10th out of 35+ in Traverse City. Sure, it’s light blue, but a blue to me!

42 Likes

me n snowy
Last one. Favorite horse ever. He was a conformation horse. I had taught him how to bow, so if we got a prize, he would bow for his ribbon

32 Likes

Okay, I have posted this photo elsewhere on this forum, but it is my favorite. I messed up a distance and my poor mare popped the fence. I just love this photo. My mare seems to be rolling her eyes at me not understanding why I’m having so much fun. (My friend took the photo in my arena at home.) :grin:

34 Likes

This little guy is the best. The next time I attempted this he took off at a full gallop, he wasn’t scared or anything just so excited to be running, and since I lacked saddle/bridle I had to emergency dismount (landing in a mud puddle). He is so genuine though he immediately slammed on the breaks when I hit the ground.

29 Likes

Ok so funny true story…

I have NO pics of Cudo actually jumping printed and hung in my house.

THIS is the one pic of him that hangs at home

That moment when we won a 1.30m speed class against a lot of really good horses and riders in the Rolex Stadium…THAT deserves to be on the wall.

Em

54 Likes

I understand why these two are the first and second photos that you show people.

Showing your superiority to most of mankind right off the bat would be unseemly, but surely the photo I’m thinking of would come in third?

5 Likes

I haven’t shown my dude yet. But one of my best friends took this last year (SDH photography looks like on the phone it cuts off her logo but I promise I didn’t steal it!) and I just love it. He looks amazing and I don’t hate me in it.

38 Likes

@RAyers come on… Post it

Em

7 Likes

This one is currently my phone background so it probably belongs in this list. First (and only, oops) show that I took my horse to last year after moving to my trainer’s barn (and my triumphant return to 2’6” (lol) after having my confidence over fences absolutely wrecked by a prior trainer who majorly overfaced me).

My personal current favorite non-riding photo is this one, which was a candid when my best friend came out to take nice photos for everyone at my barn who wanted them:

We had both only been back in work for about a week before that photo session so I was just glad to be part of it (he was doing hind suspensory rehab, I was recovering from the rib he broke and the resulting liver laceration after he kicked me) (obviously I was not mad at him in any way). I’ve been doing the horse thing for almost two decades now but he’s my first horse so all of the little stuff is extra special.

This year is going to be our first real, full show season, so I’m hoping there will be some new options for THAT photo afterward. I take a lot of pictures for other people but sadly don’t have many of myself/my horse.

25 Likes

It won’t be an example of how to equitate any time soon … but those are 6’ standards and my darling little mare would do that occasionally just to amuse herself.

But my all-time favorite is this one, from the last grand prix we did, when she was the ripe old age of 20:

76 Likes