Unlimited access >

Funny Encounter with Non-Horsey Friend

I come from a non-riding family…so you can imagine what I get (although I will say they have gotten better)

Me: “Mom, guess what?! I won my second class!”
Mom: “I thought you had a show today…I didn’t know you guys competed in your lessons.”

Grandma (after I spent an entire flat class schooling the horse I was riding in the art of NOT bucking…unsuccessfully): “Why didn’t you win honey? The horses on tv in the rodeo last night got more points for bucking…you didn’t get anything.”

Me (to a friend): “I have a horse show tomorrow, so I can’t go out.”
Friend: “Oh? What kind of show?”
Me: “Hunter/jumper.”
Friend (appalled): “I thought you hated hunting! Why would you want to hunt down someone’s jumper?”

Me: “The horse I’m working with is really green.”
Friend: “I thought they only came in black and brown.”

There are many, many more…but I have to run to class!

• One must think when looking at a horse that it hears music inside its head
  • check out my diary! http://carpediem4gp.diaryland.com
  • PNW Clique: Fuzzy Horses, Frizzy Humans!

After looking at a picture of a horse with a blanket on, my friend says to me, “does your horse have a cape, too?”

Have you ever tried to explain the logic behind clipping their ears? My boyfriend still refuses to belive it’s necessary and will point out to any of his friends that come to the farm “See…she clips all the hair out of his ears so all the bugs and dust can get in there…go ahead ask her why she does it”

After telling someone I had plans for a horse show “Do you wear that whole get up with the flood boots?”

Try explaining why you use a twitch to a totally non-horsey person…or lungeing for that matter.