Unlimited access >

Gallop, an equine literary magazine

Looking for submissions for the next issue of “Gallop, an equine literary magazine.” Send equine-themed stories, poems, essays, art to readgallop@gmail.com. 1200 word limit, double-spaced.
https://issuu.com/readgallop/docs/read_gallop

Thanks!
Jody

1 Like

How do we read Gallop? The link took me to issuu which gives hard to read page pdfs and wouldn’t actually load for me on my computer anyhow. Do you have a home platform that’s easier to read?

HI there Scribbler,
Sorry to say Gallop is only available on the ISSU site, which according to my research is the easiest to read of these flip-magazine websites. I’d be happy to take suggestions for other ways to present Gallop, but keep in mind the magazine is ad-free and free on-line which means it generates no income. Producing this magazine is much like my pursuit with horses: a labor of love in which I only lose money.

It’s not my favorite way to read a magazine either, but you can click on the four corners icon and make it bigger and more readable.

Best
Jody

1 Like

Ok I guess I will see if issuszu will function another time. It just wouldn’t load for me.

I’m used to issuszu being for things like community newspapers that have primary print editions. If there’s no print edition would it be easier to just do a webzine optimized for mobile access which is where everyone reads now anyhow?

“Webzine optimized for mobile access” is way above my pay grade. I’d love to know how or someone show me how to do that. The technical mountain I had to climb to figure out how to get all that copy and art (85 pages) was very difficult. But I’m willing to take on another challenge. If you or anyone else is interested in showing me how to make Gallop easier to access, email me at Jodyjaffe@gmail.com. Thanks

2 Likes

Your artwork is beautiful! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

thank you!

Jody, I really enjoyed your books missed you! I am very excited about this new venture! Congratulations, and thank you!

1 Like

Any news on a second issue?

Possibly late fall, early winter. Unfortunately, not much response to a call for stories, poems, art etc. I might have overestimated the overlap in my Venn Diagram of Art and Horses:)

But thanks for asking!

I will send you something! I’m laid up with a broken ankle so have more time on my hands.

Ok, I was just wondering. I hope you got what I sent after the May call. Maybe over fall/winter folks will be more into reading & writing in the cold.