Unlimited access >

GB entries for Olympics

• Ros Canter with Caroline Moore’s and her own Allstar B
  • Laura Collett with Karen Bartlett, Keith Scott’s and her own London 52
  • William Fox-Pitt with Jennifer Dowling’s and his own Little Fire
  • Kitty King with Diana Bown, Sally Eyre, Samantha Wilson and Sally Lloyd-Baker’s Vendredi Biats
  • Piggy March with John and Chloe Perry and Alison Swinburn’s Brookfield Inocent
  • Tom McEwen with Fred and Penny Barker, Jane Inns and Ali McEwen’s Toledo De Kerser
  • Harry Meade with Mandy Gray’s and his own Superstition
  • Oliver Townend with Karyn Schuter, Angela Hislop and Val Ryan’s Ballaghmor Class
  • Nicola Wilson with Deirdre Johnston and James and Jo Lambert’s JL Dublin

Reserve nominated entries:

• Sarah Bullimore with the Kew Jumping Syndicate, Brett Bullimore’s and her own Corouet
  • Oliver Townend with Angela Hislop’s Cooley Master Class
  • Nicola Wilson with Jo and James Lambert’s Bulana

Tough to choose ?

Very! You could make several competitive Olympic teams out of that list. That said, if I were a selector the British team would be (in order of the list):

• Ros and Allstar B
  • Tom and Toledo de Kerser
  • Oliver and Ballaghmor Class

I would send Laura and London 52 as the traveling reserve.

My friend made a good point that Allstar B is huge and probably not suited for Tokyo.

I would choose:

Ollie
Piggy
Tom

Laura C as reserve.

• Laura Collett with Karen Bartlett, Keith Scott’s and her own London 52 (groom: Matilda Sayburn-Hughes)
  • Tom McEwen with Fred and Penny Barker, Jane Inns and his mother Ali’s Toledo De Kerser (groom: Francesca Gorni)
  • Oliver Townend with Karyn Schuter, Angela Hislop and Val Ryan’s Ballaghmor Class (groom: Jess McKie)

The alternate is:

• Piggy March with John and Chloe Perry and Alison Swinburn’s Brookfield Inocent (groom: Amy Phillips)

I am surprised that Roz Canter didn’t make the team. After all, she is the current world champion. But they suffer an embarrassment of riches over there, don’t they?

1 Like

I think her horse is too big and heavy for Tokyo, at least that’s the guess.

I’m loving this team, exact team I would have picked!

If I was Ros Canter I’d rather stay home (younger horses not ready) and then do the Bicton 5*
Albie’s dressage at windsor; https://www.facebook.com/roscantereventer/videos/1152588675204603/

2 Likes
1 Like

Albie certainly will be in contention for that 5*.

ok those dressage scores though… #goals