gel cryo wraps

Has anyone used these? I was going to pick up some squeezie-ice packs and saw these. I need something next week to ice my ankle down & hotel frigs (if there is one) don’t ever seem to get very cold & bags of ice tend to be a mess.

i’m trying to remember the brand they gave me at the ER… it was something similar, and worked very nicely over the splint. they crunched 'em up and they got cold.

i also have a squishy thing with straps/velcro on it that wraps around your limb; that stayed pretty cold too. but i kept it in an actual freezer…

definitely worth browsing thru a couple drugstores to see what they have. and bring an extra towel to wrap around whatever you get; the condensation can get messy.

oh, and request a fridge; if you have a medical need they probably won’t charge you for it.

I bought a clay one at rite aid and love it. It is rectangular, about 12 inches long. I have used it on myself and on my horses many times.

This thing was an actually 5’ long and about half the diameter of a roll of vet wrap. I picked it up in the box with the 99c ice packs, turned out it was $15. For that much, I’d like to hear that it worked for someone. :slight_smile:

I have the regular gel packs and love them - in a real freezer.

I’m not sure I can get a freezer in this place, it’s the best of 4? hotels, and was less than per diem. Heck, it’s Wisconsin, maybe I can just leave an ice pack outside in the car.